Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Spray now or later ?

Old 11-09-2002, 08:16 AM

Default Spray now or later ?

When hunting with estrus lure, Is it ok to start spraying a couple of weeks ahead of time or only use it the day you are hunting? What do you think? Thanks
Old 11-09-2002, 11:21 AM

Default RE: Spray now or later ?

10 years ago a friend would spray estrus lure at his stands for about 4 weeks before opening day. He said the buck would come back looking for the doe after he sprayed, opening day he got a nice 8 pointer. Has any one ever done this?
Old 11-09-2002, 03:45 PM

I have never tried this? but it doesn't seem like it would hurt to do it. I have always used it during my hunt.

When you think about a sent drip for buck scrapes, it sounds like it may work the same way. Try it, I don't think it would hurt.

Good luck!

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-10-2002, 06:53 PM

i tried one of those scent drippers it was supposed to use 1oz. of scent every 4-5 days it always emptied in 1 day i think its supposed to work only when it heats up and cools off and not in between .
but im convinced every little temp. change made it start working so it might start working 10+ times per day.my 2 cents hope it helps.