Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Same buck or not?

Old 07-31-2006, 04:27 PM

Default RE: Same buck or not?

You know it's really tough to say. I looked at the bases first and than I looked at it's legs. They look like the same deer to me, Just my thoughts.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

i say they are different bucks
Old 07-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

They are different bucks. Notice the outstretched front leg. The first pic shows more white and the second doesnt show the white on top of the front leg. Yes I know you cant see much of the inside of the leg on pic 2 but judging with the first pic shows it to be more on the inside of the 2nd pic. WOW did I say that right hehehehehehe. anyway yas get what Im trying to say...
Old 07-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say the same buck. Look at the deers right antler. At the base of the antler there is somewhat of a half moon that is darker than the rest of the base. At the base of the deers left antler there is a small dark spot on the front at the bottom. These two patterns are on both pictures.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:18 PM

I do beleive that it is the same buck but my eyes may be fooling me
Old 08-01-2006, 06:00 AM
Spike

Thank you all for your help and comments. I guess I'll just hope I get more pictures of him/them to show more difinitively. I'm glad to know it wasn't just me who couldn't decide. lol

Matthew
Old 08-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

From what I see I think it's two different bucks. Like everyone has said the bases look alittle different. Plus to me it looks like the brow tines are closer together on the first picture compared to the second. Also on the second picture on the bucks right antler it looks like a another tine was trying to start out at the end of the main beam? It's hard to tell though.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:50 AM

It's not the same deer. First, look at the bases, it's obvious. Second, look at the main beems, the deer on the top has a much thicker main beem. Guess it all comes down to when the pictures were taken, how much time between pictures?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

May be the same deer, but the bottom one looks to have more black on the face. Might be the difference in light between the 2 pics though. Just guessing, I'd say different.