Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what is the dumbest thing that you have done in the woods?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:26 PM

Default what is the dumbest thing that you have done in the woods?

hey, well the dumbest thing that i have done is i almost shot my mom's ex-fiance with a 30-30 winchester. well i had just started hunting on my own and i loaded the gun and he was standing there beside me and i cocked it and he told me how to uncock it without shooting it. well i tried to do it but my finger slipped and the gun went off!! i literally almost jumped out of the stand and he just yelled and cussed at me cuz i didnt do it right!!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: what is the dumbest thing that you have done in the woods?

Probably the time I was coming out of the woods with my .54 inline on my shoulder while it was still loaded and capped. That old saying about keeping your finger off the trigger when it's loaded ? True . My ear rang for two days . []
Old 07-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

No Toilet Paper!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

Dang near blowin' my foot off!! I was about 9 or 10 and had a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag. I used to sneak around in the pastures looking for Groundhogs. I drew a bead on one but he saw me. I went to let the hammer down and my thumb slipped.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

Forgot to put arrow in my bow and the biggest i have ever seen came and when i shot and bird with pellet gun bounced off a tre and hit me in testicles

Old 07-21-2006, 04:47 AM

Years ago I fell asleep watching an active scrape line. I awoke to noise of the buck I has been chasing for two years cleaning up the scrapes and staring right at me. At the time I was trying to balance work, football, high school, and a girlfriend. I had to give a big Homer Simpson "Dooohp"!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wounded a nice buck one time and followed the blood trail in the snow into the swamp. It had been pretty warm for a while and after trailing about a mile I fell through the ice. Now the water was only about 1 1/2 feet deep but the muck was about a food deep and sucking at my feet. I coulden't get back on the ice as it would break about the same time the muck would let go of my foot and then that one would get stuck. Well this went on for about 6 hours and I was exhausted. Luckly I had my cell phone and the rescue squad was called out and when they coulden't get me out a Coast Guard Helo was called in to air lift me out. It was one of the mosty embarresing times of my life. I still to this day get ribbed about it. And it was 4 years ago.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

Not trusting my compass.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:36 AM

During bow season i hunt with two other guys and me and one of the guys always insist on having a aarow ready when walking in the woods. Well my other buddy insisted that he would never see a deer when walked to his stand because they have too good of hearing. So he was walking to his stand and as we walked over a hill a nice ten pointer was staring at him broadside. He looked at him for a good 15 seconds and by the time he pulled his bow back he just saw the white tail hopping through the woods...i laughed my head off when he told me.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was 12, I got a grunt call. I didn't realize that you were supposed to only blow on it a couple times. I thought, "the more I blow, the better my chances"..... I still get teased about that, and I'm 28 years old now! I got my arse chewed out for that night, and the following morning when I did it all over-again when I saw a big buck!

Quick Reply: what is the dumbest thing that you have done in the woods?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.