Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

Usually one of these up every year so ill start it off this year. What is the most craziest thing that has happend to you or you have seen in the woods.

Mine was going to get a downed deer with my dad on someons property. Which is are legal right because you're allowed to go get downed deer. This guy pulls up, a known butt hole. And my dad say's stay here if he has a gun draw and if he does anything else shoot him. Sure enough walks up with a shotgun and a pistol, and I stand up and draw on him. So were all looking down barrels of guns, he bails.

*Side note "SOMEONE" just happend to try and break into the house that night, thanks to A.D.T. or whatever that thing is called and my dads .45 no one ever tried to break in again.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

O.M.G. Where do I start
It seem like every time I go out inthe woods I ether do something stupid or something weired happens.
My friend tells me that watching me put my treestands up is like watching laurel & hardy or the three stooges.
I will tell you that one day when I was walking inthe woods, I had a red tailed hawk swooped down in front of me.
This huge bird is right on the ground not more than five feet away on the the trail with it wings spread out and mouth open.
It was likethis bird was yelling at me or trying to fend me off for some reason.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: A.D.D. BOY

Usually one of these up every year so ill start it off this year. What is the most craziest thing that has happend to you or you have seen in the woods.

Mine was going to get a downed deer with my dad on someons property. Which is are legal right because you're allowed to go get downed deer. This guy pulls up, a known butt hole. And my dad say's stay here if he has a gun draw and if he does anything else shoot him. Sure enough walks up with a shotgun and a pistol, and I stand up and draw on him. So were all looking down barrels of guns, he bails.

*Side note "SOMEONE" just happend to try and break into the house that night, thanks to A.D.T. or whatever that thing is called and my dads .45 no one ever tried to break in again.
In my opinion you were tresspassing when you crossed the property line. In the case of finding a shot deer that crosses the property line you should have contacted the landowner or called a game warden. It takes an idiot to pull a gun on another person for something as trivial as a dead deer. Just because the deer has been shot by you on another property doesn't give you any rights to cross the property line. Pull that crap on my property and I'll have you arrested. If you contact me and explain the situation I'll gladly let you get your deer, probably help you get it out of the woods, but pulling a gun is stupid.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:58 AM

Ok, I have one! Hubby and I had just got into our tree stands. It was still dark! All of the sudden I heard this scream...it sounded like a horror movie, woman scream. It's dark and I can't see anything. My husband called on the radio, he thought I fell out of my stand and I was screaming. Afterward, I found out it was a bobcat! Talk about freaked out!!!

Lisa
Old 07-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

My Dad and I decided to go squirrel hunting on a family farm in late August early Septemberwhere we lived; which is where i did all my hunting growing up. I was probably about 12 or 13 at the time. The spot we were hunting was just big hickory trees with heavy brush all around.There was an old ,small wood house that anold man had lived in in the late 1800'sin the middle of this area. Just imagine if you had about a 30 acre yard that you hadn't cut in about 100 years, mainly briars and cedars, a haven for deer to bed. The old house still had standing walls but it had collapsed enough that the 2nd story window was now the door that you could walk right into on the ground level, which was a dirt floor with some old straw scattered inside. I had been indide this house numerous other times with now problem. My Dad and I had split up and where to meet back there, and when Igot there I walked up along one side toward the front and heard noise inside so I thought it was Dad. As I came around to the front I was probably about 10 feet from the front entry, I saw a very large buck standing toward the back. Before I had time to react, he turned and ran right at me. He jumped out of the house and landed right in front of me, turned on a dime and was gone. He couldn't of missed me by more that a couple of feet. It happened so fastI never even had time to react, just stood there in amazement as to what had just happened. A couple minutes later my Dad showed up and asked me if I had seen a ghost because apparently my face was a little white. Anyway, another family member killed the buck which i recognized so well from our close encounter during rifle season, a 13-pointer that would score about 150. Needless to say, I have been very careful walking up to the old house since.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Almost getting shot by a dumbass in a tree. It wasn't even legal shooting time and he had a scope on his slug gun . The low light combined with that scope was probably the only reason he hesitated , he couldn't see me and was about to fire at noise. I made sure he found out why this was a bad idea .
Old 07-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

well this is funny not wild, well me and my step dad were watching a bear in front of us about 150 yards away, i was like 11 and i wasnt scared of the bear but as we were watching it a chimpmunk jumped down from the tree we were under and it scared the dickens out of me.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:31 AM

Rifle huntin the high country on a cold, wet, foggy morning. I hiked to the top of a hill that I knew would be a good vantage point once the fog lifted. I crawled under afir tree to wait and as I sat there,a mountain lioncame walking up the same trail with his nose to the ground.At first I thought, what a cool experience. But he kept coming.By the time he was 20 yards away,I was getting nervous and when he was 15 yards away I was plain sacred and so Iput a round in the chamber.I don't know if I could have successfully shot him if I'd tried under the circumstances. Fortunately I didn't have to find out because he heard the action and looked up at me. We stared at each other for a minute, then he put his nose in the air as if in disgust, turned and slowly walked away. He obviously wasn't as impressed with me as I was with him.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would never allow myself to be put in a position like this.It is not worth risking someone getting killed over an animal.If Ishoot an animal that then enters private property,I contact the land owner and explain the situation.If he is known to be difficult,I contact a warden and enter the property with the warden.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:39 PM

Several years ago I was deer hunting from a box stand in the evening. I had decided to stay until it was almost totally dark just to see if there was any deer movement. I finally got off the stand and started the short quarter mile walk back to my truck. After about a hundred yds. I noticed I could hear something walking parallel to me about 35-40 yds away as best as I could tell. When I stopped walking to listen whatever it was would also stop. After about 200 yds of this I was starting to get a little nervous. It was really dark by this time, I couldn't see what was following me, but it sounded like it was big enough to be a threat. At this point I loaded my gun, as I had emptied it when I got out the stand. I slowly walked back to my truck with this thing following me all the way. I have been hunting and fishing all my life and have never been uncomfortable in the woods at night, but that evening I was a nervous wreck by the time I got to my truck. I went back the next day to look for tracks but it was really dry and I didn't really find anything. I still wonder what it was, and whether the tables had been turned that evening, and I had gone from predator to prey.

Quick Reply: Wildest thing that happend to you in the woods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.