Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

plight of the Southern Deer

Old 05-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: plight of the Southern Deer

ORIGINAL: texas8point

This may all be true...........Ive been thinking about it.......Florida deer are small........Ive never hunted there..........but as for the south as a whole??????
I know texas has more deer than almost any other state in the country. Texas produces as many B&C bucks as any state in the country. But thats not to say Northern deer don't contribute.......Northern deer have contributed plenty........like CWD.
CWD originated out west! But good try! Texas is a fine example of smart deer. They stay where only rich poeple can afford to shoot them and they keep there bodies small so they can hide behind the mesquite. That is a smart deer.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Dude, it's way more than just typos. You are trying to call Southerners illiterates; yet, you're a borderline illiterate yourself. If you want to insult Southerners, at least proofread your stuff... Here is a quick rehash of your little essay. Corrections and comments are in brackets.

ORIGINAL: B&C Wanna B

In a recently released study found in the new [New]England Journal of Medicine[,] their [there] seems to be a link between illiteracy and the venison that southerners [Southerners] are eating.
It actually goes way back to the days when North America had very little humanoid activity. The deer in what is now florida [Florida] were forced there over time by the superior[,] dominant northern deer. THey[They] have lived there in a less than ideal environment for thousands of years. This is why the key deer are so small. And[,] the furtherNORTH you go in the satate[state,] the deer get bigger and more educated.[For structural reasons, the second half of this sentence should read "the bigger and more educated the deer get."] But[,] do [due]to the poor quality of life and the horrible ecosystem[,] even the Northern most [Northernmost]Floridian deer are subsistant [subsistent]at best.
THis [This] long term deffinciency [deficiency] in diet and environment has caused the deer to become very unintelligent and is creating a further downward spiral as they have become so dumb they can do no more than eat enough food not to starve.
You may say this is not a big deal, but[,] scientists beg to differ. As you move north through our country[,] you find that the education systems and literacy rates climb on the way. This is not coincedence [coincidence]. Recent studies have proven that southerners [Southerners]who eat unitelligent deer are being dumbed down by the Venison [venison].
Researchers point to a tiny microbial deffinciency [deficiency (again...so you can't claim typo)] called a PION [do you mean peon?]. [If there are microbes called peons in the venison, why is this a microbial deficiency? A deficiency would mean that these microbes are missing. Or are you asserting that there are more peons in the North?] These are more prevelant [prevalent] in the South [hmmm... apparently you were trying to say there are more in the South...]and have proven to numb ones [one's] mind upon ingestion. According to the researchers[,] the only treatment for this is to stop shooting inferior deer and move as far north as you can.
THere [There] was[,] however[,] a bright lining for those of you in the midwest [Midwest]. WIth [With]the superior genetics of Midwestern deer to that of their southern neighbors and there [their] prominant [prominent]physical stature. [sentence fragment] It seems that the deer that run the farmland of the midwest [Midwest]are considered immune to PIONS [peons] and will simply stand there and FLEX, No emotion , No Sound Just flex and the PIONS [peons]will go back to FLorida [Florida].[What kind of sentence is this? There must be some punctuation missing.]

THis [This] is a very serious matter and is a fact. I suggest that Floridians[,] and other southerners [Southerners] who still have the capacity for logical thought[,] move while you can!
Southern boys don't take kindly to poorly crafted insults from New Yorkers. It kind ofreminds me of my favorite TV commercial of all time... A group of cowboys are sitting around the campfire at dinner time, and the picante sauce obviously tastes like crap. One of them asks "Where was this stuff made." Another looks at the jar and says "It was made in New York City." The others, in unison,exclaim "NewYork City?" One of them then adds:"Get a rope." I don't think the cook was destined to have a pleasant evening...
I dont need to proof read I leave that to ocd people such as yourself. I find it funny that you guys get a kick out of TWDD but then when you are the object of a joke you take it all serious. That my friend is called hypocrasy! I wrote the thing in about 5 minutes and didnt intend on southerners being able to read it, much less edit it. My bad, I'll spell check next time.

If it were poorly crafted you wouldn't have attacked my penmanship, you would have come up with somthing original. Desperate times call for attacking ones typing prowess. Good try, but that meat is rotting your brain.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just to be OCD again...

I don[']t need to proof read [proofread][.]I leave that to ocd people such as yourself. I find it funny that you guys get a kick out of TWDD but then when you are the object of a joke you take it all serious. That my friend is called hypocrasy [hypocrisy]!
From what I've seen of TWDD's stuff, it's usually rants about Southern deer being of higher quality than Northern deer. They are not a mean-spirited attacks calling Northerners illiterates. And, his spelling, grammar and punctuation are as bad, or worse, than yours.

If it were poorly crafted[,] you wouldn't have attacked my penmanship [It wasn't penmanship that I was attacking. It was poor spelling, punctuation and grammar.], you would have come up with somthing[something] original. Desperate times call for attacking ones [one's]typing prowess.[Again, nothing to do with typing prowess.] Good try, but that meat is rotting your brain.
Sorry... I only eat Texas Deer. Anyone who thinks that Texas Deer are inferior doesn't have a rotting brain. They have a rotted one.

I go to a lot of different hunting forums. I see an excessive number of posts, on all of them,that have the same problems with spelling and grammar. Unfortunately, everyone else can see it, too. It really plays into the anti-hunting crowd's image of hunters as a bunch of uneducated rednecks. The problem is far more prevalent in hunting forums than in the automotive enthusiast forums or the martial arts forums that I also frequent. What kind of image does this project to newbies who might be coming here because they might havean interest intaking up hunting?Before you hit the "OK" button, take a quick look at what you've written.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Site Buck Guru

Texas produces as many B&C bucks as any state in the country. But thats not to say Northern deer don't contribute.......Northern deer have contributed plenty........like CWD.
False! Texas produces fewer B&C bucks than Illinois, Kansas, Iowa and Wisconsin. Possibly one or two more states also produce more B&C bucks than Texas as well.

CWD will be headed your way as well, wait and see.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Just to be OCD again...

I don[']t need to proof read [proofread][.]I leave that to ocd people such as yourself. I find it funny that you guys get a kick out of TWDD but then when you are the object of a joke you take it all serious. That my friend is called hypocrasy [hypocrisy]!
From what I've seen of TWDD's stuff, it's usually rants about Southern deer being of higher quality than Northern deer. They are not a mean-spirited attacks calling Northerners illiterates. And, his spelling, grammar and punctuation are as bad, or worse, than yours.

If it were poorly crafted[,] you wouldn't have attacked my penmanship [It wasn't penmanship that I was attacking. It was poor spelling, punctuation and grammar.], you would have come up with somthing[something] original. Desperate times call for attacking ones [one's]typing prowess.[Again, nothing to do with typing prowess.] Good try, but that meat is rotting your brain.
Sorry... I only eat Texas Deer. Anyone who thinks that Texas Deer are inferior doesn't have a rotting brain. They have a rotted one.

I go to a lot of different hunting forums. I see an excessive number of posts, on all of them,that have the same problems with spelling and grammar. Unfortunately, everyone else can see it, too. It really plays into the anti-hunting crowd's image of hunters as a bunch of uneducated rednecks. The problem is far more prevalent in hunting forums than in the automotive enthusiast forums or the martial arts forums that I also frequent. What kind of image does this project to newbies who might be coming here because they might havean interest intaking up hunting?Before you hit the "OK" button, take a quick look at what you've written.
Thank you for your kind words. I will try harder to keep up a good image in future typing endevors. Although I did not make an effort to type grammatically correct, I did try to address a larger problem than punctuation. If for some reason this post was taken as gospel, I apologize for not conveying my sarcasm in a clear enough manner. I am sitting here wondering why you are worried about punctuation in a post while people are spouting racist rhetoric amidst our forums. Refer to the post regarding Bigfoot in the Big Game Forum. A member of our community had the audacity to say that the person could have mistaken black people running through the woods for a group of Bigfoot. However, this member didn’t use the term “black people”. Top Dawg and those of you who giggle at his malicious yet discrete attacks on northerners and our “litter”, “Disease”, and “ugly women” are not harmless or jovial. They are malcontent rubbish and the reason I wrote this post to begin with. I really wanted to see how quickly the hypocrisy would spew when the tables were turned. It didn’t take as long as I thought.
I commend you for your concern over the well being of the hunting community. However, that should be the least of your worries when the stereotypical image of a hunter isn’t that of illiteracy but violence and racism. We are portrayed as bigoted, dip spitting, truck driving rednecks.
I guess it has been a while since I have needed to concentrate on grammar. In fact it has been roughly 4 years since I graduated from college with honors. I too am guilty of not portraying that image of hunters who are educated. For that, I apologize and promise to make a conscious effort to better the image of hunters through using larger vocabulary and proper punctuation.
I am almost stunned that people are seriously arguing the quality of southern deer with me. The deeper issues are staring you in the face and you cant see through the sarcasm to save yourself.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

This may all be true...........Ive been thinking about it.......Florida deer are small........Ive never hunted there..........but as for the south as a whole??????
I know texas has more deer than almost any other state in the country. Texas produces as many B&C bucks as any state in the country. But thats not to say Northern deer don't contribute.......Northern deer have contributed plenty........like CWD.
Northern deer have contributed plenty........like CWD.
It my suck to be misinformed!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

My apologies if I came off too harshly. I usually skip TWDD's posts, so I'm not familiar with those that may include personal attacks, as opposed to the usual "our deer are better than yours, nyeah nyeah nyeah..."

I also haven't seen the Bigfoot post. I've never really focused on the perception of hunters as racists before, although I have noticed that propensity in a couple of the guys on the lease I hunt. The image I've always heard, obviouslyuntrue,is that we are just a bunch beer swilling dumb rednecks...
Old 05-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GregH

Texas produces as many B&C bucks as any state in the country. But thats not to say Northern deer don't contribute.......Northern deer have contributed plenty........like CWD.
False! Texas produces fewer B&C bucks than Illinois, Kansas, Iowa and Wisconsin. Possibly one or two more states also produce more B&C bucks than Texas as well.

CWD will be headed your way as well, wait and see.
[align=left]TOP STATES IN DEER KILL TOP STATES IN B&C DEER TAKEN
1. Alabama 535,000 1. Wisconsin 25
2. Wisconsin 517,169 2. Illinois 21
3. Georgia 484,000 3. Kentucky 15
4. Michigan 453,000 4. Texas 14
5. Texas 433,387 5. Iowa 12
* 2005 figures
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Is it 170" to make B&C? There were a LOT more than 14 170" B&C deer taken in Texas last year. But, a LOT of Texas private hunting acreage has been high-fenced, and those deer don't qualify for B&C, even if the fence is around 200,000 acres. Take a look at these from 2005-2006. http://www.loscazadores.com/contest/leaderboard.html There are at least 51 bucks over 180" on that page.[/align]
Old 05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Texas has some great deer. The only problem is they don't have very good mass, unless they are raised in a 20 by 20 pen. Bottom line is northern deer are larger than southern deer. There are more deer in the south than in the north. A southern deer is just as wary as a northern deer, unless they were raised in a 20 by 20 pen. Southern deer taste just as good as northern deer, unless they were raised in a 20 by 20 pen, then they are better. I love chasing the elusive southern White-tailed deer, even if I'm just an illiterate southern redneck. Guess what B&C, there are some really great literate people down here in the south that love to hunt deer ethically and legally. Come on back home and find out.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Texas has some great deer. The only problem is they don't have very good mass, unless they are raised in a 20 by 20 pen. Bottom line is northern deer are larger than southern deer. There are more deer in the south than in the north. A southern deer is just as wary as a northern deer, unless they were raised in a 20 by 20 pen. Southern deer taste just as good as northern deer, unless they were raised in a 20 by 20 pen, then they are better. I love chasing the elusive southern White-tailed deer, even if I'm just an illiterate southern redneck. Guess what B&C, there are some really great literate people down here in the south that love to hunt deer ethically and legally. Come on back home and find out.
I am indeed sorry for comming off so offensive. My realtives in Kentucky are as follows:
Lawyers
Professors
Bank President
Arts and Cultural Manager for Henderson County
Investment advisor
etc etc
I really shouldn't have gone so radical in my response to TDWW. I am sorry for perpetuating teh southern illiterate sterotype.

Quick Reply: plight of the Southern Deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.