Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Diff. noises a deer makes when hit.

Old 10-28-2002, 12:22 PM
Spike

Default Diff. noises a deer makes when hit.

I was just wondering what noises you all have heard a deer make when hit, I have heard about how they will scream sometimes and i have been fortunate enough to never have to hear it. But what about any other noises. Last year i hit one and it made a sound similiar to a really deep sheep bahh. what have you experienced

Old 10-28-2002, 01:19 PM

Default RE: Diff. noises a deer makes when hit.

Ouch

--Sign In Chinese Pet Store: "Buy one dog, get one flea..."--
Old 10-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

being a rifle hunter ive never heard a noise...hit hard..clean miss or wound(miss and wound because my scope was broke and i had no ideamaybe they make noises and i never heard it because the shot echoing and the adrenaline...i know my dad hollars after i shot telling me to reload and put the saftey on...and i see his lips moving but nothing coming out! lol...i duno if i could hunt again if i heard one screaming...and the noise you heard sounds like a bleat i think....

Old 10-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I have never heard them scream from a good shot. Last year I took out a friend that I have been teaching to hunt and he shot one and was not a very good shot. He only got one lung and the thing fell down and started screaming. I couldnt stand it so I shot it agian in the head to stop it. That is the only time I have heard that scream, and if its up to me I dont care to hear it agian.

Lifes a garden, dig it.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Never heard a deer make a noise. My high velocity rifles don't make a sound when the bullet hits, but when a bullet from my 45-70 hits a deer, you can hear the impact from about 200 yds.

black bears make a death moan right before they die, but not necessarily when hit.

Old 10-28-2002, 07:10 PM

My brother shot an 8 point last year at almost staight down and hit it in the spine. It dropped right there but it made a horrible roar for about 15-30 seconds before he expired. I was 75 yards away and I thought my brother was being attacked by a bear! That's the only sound I've ever heard and I never want to hear it again!

Trushot }}------>
Old 10-28-2002, 07:13 PM

The doe i shot this year made a really deep grunt when i hit her, It was a good shot and she only ran 30 yards .
Old 10-28-2002, 07:13 PM

The doe i shot this year made a really deep grunt when i hit her, It was a good shot and she only ran 30 yards .
Old 10-28-2002, 07:46 PM

Can't say I have really heard any deer I've taken scream?

But, I have heard them make a (UFFFFF) sort of sound. The sound is in between a snort and cough?

Good answer, Indy hunter

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 10-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

My favorite, FLOP, as he hits the ground.

Quick Reply: Diff. noises a deer makes when hit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.