Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question for North Texas Hunters...

Old 10-25-2002, 01:31 PM

Default Question for North Texas Hunters...

I am heading out with my two son's for this weekend's Youth Weekend. We have seen more sign and deer this year than ever. This year's weather is the best for opening weekend that I can remember from the last 4 or 5 years. For those of you that hunt in North Texas, are you seeing any rubs, scrapes, acorns, etc.? Do your deer seem to be in great shape and are they hitting the feeders?
Old 10-25-2002, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Question for North Texas Hunters...

I have land in Kent county. Right off of the caprock, so I dont know if that is in the part of north Texas you are looking for. Any way, I have already shoot a real nice doe with my bow. I have rubs and scrapes everywhere. The rut is still about a month and a half off. I have seen deer every time I go out, lots of them. All of them seem to be in very good shape. The big deer havent started moving in the day much yet. Im going out agian tomorrow morning for some more bow hunting. Ill let you know what I see.

Edited by - burniegoeasily on 10/25/2002 15:26:51
Old 10-26-2002, 09:33 PM

i was in erath county today and saw bucks chasing deer. 10 pointer and 4 pointer chasing same doe
Old 10-27-2002, 07:01 AM

I live in North Tx, but hunt Central, so I can't help you there. I just jumped in to say ditto on the good deerhunting weather. It looks like it might be the first year in many that I don't sit in 75* - 80* heat on opening weekend. Hope that your sons did well this weekend and I look forward to an update. Good luck to all of you this season.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I went out yestarday, and there are even more rubs and scrapes. Looks Like it will be a good opening season for rifles. It hasnt been too bad for bows so far.

Lifes a garden, dig it.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:11 PM

I have been doing nothing but hunting scence the bow season has started. I have seen some great deer this year. I have been hunting the Caprock. I have seen many scrapes and rubs and have seen many deer working them. They havent started following the does yet. I shot a nice 12 point last week that was coming in to work a rub.