Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice Yankee Buck

Old 03-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nice Yankee Buck

Again, guys, I did not intend to cause such a stir with my post on this topic. I am sure it is really special to wake up to a few feet of snow and likely a real treat to see a pond frozen over while sneaking through the woods. Nothing wrong with that at all. And you know what? There are some decent deer up there too. A few nice bucks have been taken up there and I do not mean to overlook that.

All I am saying is that the Southland is at the top of the list when it comes to beautiful scenery and hunting pleasure. The top. Awards, accolades, etc, etc.

Again, guys. Did not mean to discredit those of you from above the Mason-Dixon and I am sure that it is really nice to live and hunt up there.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

That buck is exactly what I'm after. I drooled for an hour looking at the photo, then I realized I was drooling all over my keyboard. I'm going to be thinking about that photo all day, one of these days, thats going to be me in that photo, but I know we don't have any deer that size here in montana so maybe I'll head south to Gods country and get the hell out of this God awful state. What was I thinking.

Bobby
Old 03-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

Again, guys, I did not intend to cause such a stir with my post on this topic. I am sure it is really special to wake up to a few feet of snow and likely a real treat to see a pond frozen over while sneaking through the woods. Nothing wrong with that at all. And you know what? There are some decent deer up there too. A few nice bucks have been taken up there and I do not mean to overlook that.

All I am saying is that the Southland is at the top of the list when it comes to beautiful scenery and hunting pleasure. The top. Awards, accolades, etc, etc.

Again, guys. Did not mean to discredit those of you from above the Mason-Dixon and I am sure that it is really nice to live and hunt up there.
All I can do is smile...and chuckle lol
Old 03-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ummmmm.ok. I guessing youhave never been to Montana. Yeah, we have a few nice deer up here but not very many. I know when I want to hunt big deer, the first place I think of is Tenessee or Alabama.I get really excited thinking of hunting the nice mini deer down there.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The south and the north both have advantages like the south states like texas and dd's state are overrun with deer and have big racks but smaller bodie and a later rut north on the other hand has snow coverd woods andbig bodied deer but rack size can be anywhere they just need the nutrients and the right management deer and the other city with out fresh air is new york (no offense) because of all of the taxis
Old 03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey don't even bother responding to the little doggie,I'm not even sure he's a real hunter.Maybe a PETA want-a- be.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:25 AM

I have hunted here in Ohio my whole life I was blest with a 12point 154 class deer. now I know I would crap my self if I saw that guy coming at me
Old 03-15-2006, 05:41 PM

thats a real nice buck. i want to get me one that big one day
Old 03-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Now that is an amazin' buck!! I have lived and hunted in Illinois, Colorado and currently Alabama....and I have never seen a buck like that (body and antlers) in Alabama...in fact the biggest deer I saw down here was a 12 point, 3.5 year old, that was 150lbs...now anyone from above the Mason-Dixon knows that there are does that weigh that much....I can't wait to be livin' back up north and hunting this fall!!!!