Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

i need a range finder

Old 02-17-2006, 03:13 PM

Default i need a range finder

i want to buy a range finder what do you think the best one is as always thank you all fer your input
Old 02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i need a range finder

I have the Leica LRF 900 and have no regrets but the Leica Geovid rangfinder binoculars makes for a good combo , just to rich for my blood...
Old 02-17-2006, 07:45 PM

I have a Nikon Laser 800 and absolutely love it.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i ususally lick my finger and put it in the air.....oh, wait thats wind. ummmm i dont have one so i guess i just put the bead on the heart and if its kinda farther away, i raise 'er up

but seriouslyi dont know anything about them, do they even help at all?

Old 02-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

One of the best investments a hunter couldmakein my opinion! To be an effective shooter(no matter with what weapon), youMUST know your distances. A rangefinder takes all or most of the guess work out of the equation. I use a Nikon Pro 440. That one works great for me, because I bow hunt 99% of the time and don't really need anything better. You may want to step up a little bit if you expect to range longer distances more frequently.

Good Luck!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had one I would of given you. But I got mad at a guy who run in to the back of my car on I-79 in West Virginia and did not stop.when He went around me the only thing I had was my range finder on the front seat.So as he made his escape I picked up the range finder and threw it and busted the guys side window.Then a whole bunch of cars drove over the Bushnell range finder
Old 02-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Wide Duplex® RE
Place game of approximately 16" in height in the ranging bracket on the lower picket, and turn the power selector until it fits into this space, then read the numbers on the rear of the power selector ring to get an estimate of the range (“3” for 300 yards, etc).
Old 02-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wide Duplex® RE
Place game of approximately 16" in height in the ranging bracket on the lower picket, and turn the power selector until it fits into this space, then read the numbers on the rear of the power selector ring to get an estimate of the range (“3” for 300 yards, etc).
The duplex may give you a ballpark estimate if you only hunt smaller deer.However if you hunt large deer,elk or moose,the duplex method is pretty much useless.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Here stubble contact them and tell them they are full of crap!

For Product Service & Technical Assistance:
LEUPOLD PRODUCT SERVICE — U.S.A.
[email protected]
LEUPOLD PRODUCT SERVICE — CANADA
[email protected]
Old 02-18-2006, 10:20 AM

Cardeer I cant believe you would do such a thing. All the money it took to buy that and you threw it at an idiot that hopefully got caught. Wheres a good shotgun when you need one.

Quick Reply: i need a range finder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.