Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I would shoot the whitetail
64.94%
I would shoot the Mule deer
33.77%
I would get buck fever and pass out !
1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Big Whitetail or Big Mule Deer

Old 02-14-2006, 02:26 PM

Default RE: Big Whitetail or Big Mule Deer

U guys sure love that bow zone up here guess what theres alot better areas for whitetail here. Myself in this case id have to take the whitetail cuz if it was boone and crockett scoring the all time is higher on muleys so the whitey would have to be a slob in comparison cuz u specifically stated that there scores r pretty much the same in my mind were talkin 180 typical whitey here or 215 or better non typ 215 whitetail or a 215 muley probably take the whitetail depending on the time of yr if i still had both my tags in my pocket id knock em both over cuz r general would allow it.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alberta, the reason the Bow Zone is appealing to me is because the deer are not pressured by gun hunters and they only allow about 65 nonresidents to hunt each year! There are obviously nice bucks all over Alberta, but I believe the"security" of the Bow Zone offers the best chance at a "book buck" for the archer. If you disagree where would you be hunting if you were me? I'm open for ideas.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Whitetails rule
Old 02-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Ditto.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't make two bits worth of difference to me. I guess I prefer to hunt Mulies. Mainly because in my unit we have 90 percent Mule deer.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Alberta, the reason the Bow Zone is appealing to me is because the deer are not pressured by gun hunters and they only allow about 65 nonresidents to hunt each year! There are obviously nice bucks all over Alberta, but I believe the"security" of the Bow Zone offers the best chance at a "book buck" for the archer. If you disagree where would you be hunting if you were me? I'm open for ideas.
Early I rifle hunt in 508 ..do you know anything about that area?

dd
Old 02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather shoot the Muley, never even seen one before!!
Old 02-14-2006, 05:53 PM

As others have said, I would opt for the mulie. Just because I can take whitetail here. For me to take a Mulie here, I gotta go to the zoo. And they kind of frown upon that kind of activity for some reason. Must be a bunch of anti-hunters or something.LOL
Old 02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

For me to take a Mulie here, I gotta go to the zoo. And they kind of frown upon that kind of activity for some reason. Must be a bunch of anti-hunters or something.LOL
LOL Jess well they let Jimmy Houston get away with it no reason why they won't let you off to if you get caught ..just remember NOT to take a camera man

dd
Old 02-14-2006, 06:52 PM

Yeah, but they won't even let me in the gate with my bow now. I guess they don't trust me or something. Maybe it was the way I was eyeing that cape buff last time I was their.LOL

Quick Reply: Big Whitetail or Big Mule Deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.