Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sad to see Season Go, guys.....

Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sad to see Season Go, guys.....

I feel numb. Our North Florida deer season is officially closed as of this Wednesday and I will be unable to get out there again.

Any of you feel like this? I have felt a little down when the season closed in the past, but this year I feel ill. Guys? Hello, guys?

Got home last night from my final hunt and had a blank stare on my face for the rest of the night that seemed to displease my wife. Could hardly muster up any conversation at all. When we went to bed I just laid there staring at the ceiling in a cold sweat. Literally was sweating. Felt scared and alone.

What do each of you at the end of the season, guys? What will I do on the weekends and what will the whitetails do without me there to see them do it? Cause for concern.

Hope all of you are doing better than me, my good fellows.

TDWW
Old 02-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sad to see Season Go, guys.....

Yeah, I was a bit down, okay, a lot down when the season ended. However, it certainly did not make me lay awake,sweating and feeling cold and alone.
I would strongly suggest that while you await your next hunting trip that you pay your wife some well deserved extra attention that was probably missed while you spent so much time in the field. I bet that will pay big returns in the end. Heck, I bought my sweetie a thank you card and wrote her a nice note thanking her for her patients and understanding during the season. She thought it was a nice gesture and although sending a true thank you...and not scoring points was my objective, I'm sure I did both.
I'm not trying to push my ways off on anyone, but I think that when a woman is acknowledged...for whatever reason...it goes a long way.
Okay, so much for the softer side. Buck up and gut it out man. Next season is on the way. Get out and scout, find sheds, practice with your weapon, take upgenitic engineering and figure out a way to make a bigger hybrid deer for you and the rest of your buddies in FL.[8D] Lots of things to do in the off season.
Craig
Old 02-13-2006, 11:31 AM

Im sad to i miss the feeling of sitting in that new deer stand waiting for the buck or doe to come up ... next season will come soon

Old 02-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

My season ended in November. Since then, I have been talking with people about taking up bowhunting. Last Sunday I finally bought a bow and have been out practicing all of the time. Since turkey season starts in less than 2 months, I have to get a lot of practice in. That will help until seer season starts again for rifle in November..unless I feel confident enough by then to get a bow tag for deer, then it will be October for me.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:45 PM

were u from? if it ended in november

Old 02-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Always next year if you dont die
Old 02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you for the kind words, NavyDeerHunter. I am sure your wife appreciated the gesture, but mine would not understand. This morning she was leaving for work and mentioned to me that there was toast in the toaster oven and I scowled at her like Satan himself.

I miss the days of sitting afield and chewing sunflower seeds. I can see the sun rising in my head and feel the cold Florida temps. I barely made it to the factory today and fear for my well being to be honest.

Going over to my neighbors (I hate that guy) tonight and slashing his tires after dark. I just do not care and he and I have been at it for some time now. This is all I need to finally go through with the plan of slashing and sashaying right back to my house unscathed.

Guys, hope all of you are well just the same.

TDWW
Old 02-13-2006, 03:10 PM

BOY, YOU AIN'T RIGHT
Old 02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Houston we have a problem, come in Houston please. Houston, Houston beam me up.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:33 PM

This my friends is why you don't ever forget to take your medication if your on it. I'm sure if you talk to some aliens or something they will talk you out of slashing your neighbors tires!!?

Quick Reply: Sad to see Season Go, guys.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.