Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NY hunting accident..... Or is it??

Old 02-11-2006, 04:48 AM

Default NY hunting accident..... Or is it??

Guys,, This is in our local paper today.. Take a look at this.. It is giving hunters a terrible name.. These 2 guys should be punished to the max for this crap.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/02/11/news-omthehorror-02-11.html
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY hunting accident..... Or is it??

Believe me these guys will be punished, but I don’t think that anyone with common sense can use this as fuel to protest against hunting. This child’s death is the result of morons that don’t deserve the right to mingle freely among other human beings in our society. Much less the right to posses a hunting license and carry a weapon.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Idiots shouldn't hunt or have children
Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

reading that just makes me ill. Stupid people shouldn't breed!!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

[:@]you just dont know how mad this makes me they could have saved his life but the deer was first and then he had the nerve to ask if his permit was gonna be taken away
Old 02-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a bunch of NUT JOBS! They should face the same outcome but slower and more painful!
Old 02-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wonder why thet were so hell bent on recovering the deer first ..sure don't look like they were starving ...
d
d
Old 02-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

good one, chuckle chuckle.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seems like another terrible hunting "accident". Not just for you young guys out there, but we can all learn from this.

This grandfather failed to follow very, very basic firearm safety.

1. ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY IDENTIFY YOUR INTENDED TARGET.

2. BE SURE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOTHING IN YOUR RANGE OF FIRE, IN FRONT OR BEYOND, YOUR INTENDED TARGET THAT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY.

3. ONLY THEN SHOULD YOU REMOVE THE SAFETY &TOUCH THE TRIGGER.

This appears that the grandfather...........

VIOLATED #2.....................and it cost the boy his life.

Furthermore it appears (from the story) that they really failed to provide this boy FIRST aid. If 2 does were retrieved before getting the boy out of the woods, then it seems onedoe got the 1st aid, another doe got 2nd aid and the boy finally got 3rd AID!

It is reported in this article that the one fella stated in court he had told the boy that he would have to tape the boys mouth shut if he didn't stop screaming because the screamingwould draw the attention of other hunters. Heck why wouldn't you want any attention? Others could have helped in rescue. Maybe cell phoned for an ambulance. Radiod for help or transportation. Helped with more/reserve manpower to transport the boy out of the woods. Something. Anything.

But, let us not judge the situation too quickly or harshly. We have to remember (we all know it, too) that the media ALWAYS "spins" the story to make it the most sensational they can. Sell the story man, make the dollar.

I don't doubt for ONE SECOND that any member of that poor family would trade every animal they have ever hunted or harvested to have that boy back. Some would probobly be willing to trade THEIR lives to bring the boy back. Something to keep in your mind when using any type of weaponry.

I for one will say a prayer for the young boys soul................................. .................................................. ........................and for this family.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

One other thing..........

I quickly loose any respect for folks who find or go looking for humor in any trajedy. I see nothing here that wouldbring a smile to my face.

Quick Reply: NY hunting accident..... Or is it??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.