Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question about being legal or ethical

Old 02-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question about being legal or ethical

Would you not stop, and render aid to an injured person, for fear of being sued?
would you shoot them because they were injured?

I would let nature take its course. No matter how much you all believe I am God I have to tell ya I'm not[8D][:-].I'm not playing God deciding who's turn it should be. Nature is cruel I try not to interfere any more than I have to with her.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let her walk and obey you local game laws. There is no waste in nature. When she crokes she will get eaten.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

ORIGINAL: Xtec Shooter

Would you not stop, and render aid to an injured person, for fear of being sued?
I guess thats one of the major things thats wrong with this world!
Jag, FYI, there isa lawcalled the Good Samaritan Act. You can no longer be sued for rendering assistance to an injured HUMAN. Even if you cause further injury or death. Not busting your chops, just letting you know.

However, you can be arrested for shooting a deer without the proper permit. There are over 34 million whitetail deer in the U.S. and I would guess at least a couple million are injured in some way. Go ahead and shoot them, if you like handcuffs.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I knew someone would come up with the Good Samaritan Act!
I'll still go with my heart, and end the animals suffering.

NYBH, no I would not shoot an injured person, but I'd end an animals suffering!
I'd do what I have to do, and you would do what you would do! I know that there is a chance that a Game Warden would not see it the same way, but if it were a truely suffering animal, I'd feel obligated to do what I feel is right! I don't expect everyone to do the same thing, but its not like going out to steal a deer!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

I guess thats one of the major things thats wrong with this world!
Most people would rather run over a dying person, than to "risk" ANYTHING!
Again, I'd go with my heart, and hope that the Wardens would have some common sence!
Can you please explain to me how anything I said has anything to do with an injuired person!?!?!?!?!? Of course I would render aid to someone that was in trouble...sitting on the side of the road or in the woods. But are you honestly comparing an injured animal to an injured person? Tell me your not! Sir..if you in fact are, THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD TODAY. Comparing human suffering to the suffering of animals. There's a group of people for that cause. We all know who they are.

People, we are talking about shooting an animal that's OUT OF SEASON and ILLEGAL to shoot at that specific time!! I certainly hope the CO uses his common sense as well. Takes your gun, maybe your truck, revokes your hunting rights for X amount of time and slaps a hefty fine on you. Because if you just shot that doe...your poaching and you think that there should be special circumstances for YOU because you "think" your doing the right thing. If your "heart" tells you to shoot because your helping that animal out, I wish you good luck explaining that one."But Officer So and So, I shot her and was going to leave her lay because she was already woundedand I thought I was doing her a favor by putting her out of themisery she was in."
Old 02-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go! I would call the warden. My hunting rights is to important to me.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

BANG !!!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Xtec Shooter
Of course I would render aid to someone that was in trouble...sitting on the side of the road or in the woods. But are you honestly comparing an injured animal to an injured person? Tell me your not!
I guess if you are going to blow things so far out of proportion, I'll have to tell you " NO I AM NOT COMPARING HUMANS,WITH ANIMALS!!!!"
I was just making an example, but I guess some people just can't figure that out!

Comparing human suffering to the suffering of animals. There's a group of people for that cause. We all know who they are.
Don't even go there pal! I am about as ANTI, Anti's as anyone can be!

Blowing this out of proportion is almost as bad as the one where "getting a ticket on the way to the woods is poaching!"

So I'll simplify this for ya'll,NO you don't put people "down" for suffering!
Let me compare animals, to animals!
4 months ago the best Lab that ever lived, ended up with terminal cancer! We tried surgery, but it didn't work! One of the hardest things I've ever did was to let her lay her head in my lap, while the Vet put her to sleep!
So,ending a wild animals suffering would be easy for me!
You do what you feel is right, I'll do what I feel is right!

Old 02-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AP deer hunter

Tough!!!!!!!! If it was an old wound I'd let it be. But if it was fresh from a bad shot. OHHHH... I don't know. It's one of those things I'd have to decide on the spot.
EXACTLY !
and I wouldnt judge anyone that decided either way.
I guarrantee if my wife was sitting next to me, she would have made me shoot it, and she doesnt like killing animals, but knows it's gods intention for us to eat them.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't blow things out of proportion. You took it to that level. I commented on a wounded animalthat by law is illegal to shoot and you wrote back asking if I would not render aid to a human injured and in need. What am I suppose to assume by that? Proof read what your typing before you click that little "ok" button and things might make more sense to myself and others. In my opinion,one can't even compare a wild animal(deer) to your very own pet. One is wild the other is domesticated. Obvious point I understand, but nature willmost timestake care of itself and won't need anyone's help. That's the way it is. In a very general sense, hunting is for thinning out animals, not for going around and shooting the lame.

I feel bad for your pet...I really do, but life doesn't go on forever. Human or animal. Everyone's day will come to an end at some point. That's life and That's nature.

Quick Reply: Question about being legal or ethical

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.