Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question about being legal or ethical

Old 02-09-2006, 02:49 PM

Default RE: Question about being legal or ethical

i would have shot. if the game warden asked me why i did i would explain to him
Old 02-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I aint tellin
Old 02-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

As much as I would hate to let her keep walking, I think that's what I would do. I may change my mind at that precise moment, but then what do I do? Leave her there or take her with me after the shot?

I think if I took that deer, I would be definitely in the wrong. Letting her live or putting her down (and leaving her) would be my only options. Again,I think I would not put her down.

Tough question...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

As much as I HATE to see ANY animal suffer, I would follow the law! Ya never know if you shoot that could be the last deer you shoot for a LONG time! Mother nature will takes its course no matter the situation! There are plenty of sick animals in the woods, why not just go around shooting all of the sick ones???? I'd keep it legal! But thats just me!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:43 PM

SHOOOOOOOOOT. AND LEAVE FOR THE YOTES AND BUZZARDS. IF SHE IS HURT THAT BAD,THERE IS INFECTION SET UP IN THE WOUND, ALSO HER BLOOD STREAM, DON'T THINK SHE WOULD BE FIT TO EAT. BUT YOU DID THE RIGHT THING
Old 02-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

This goes to those that would shoot the doe(or anywild animal for that matter)even when it's NOT LEGAL. Are you guys honestly willing to pay fines and possibly get your gun or your hunting privelages revoked for shooting a wounded animal that's not in season?? Think again fellas. If nature did this to the doe, then nature will run it's course. Duckhunter...shoot that out of season doe, get busted by a CO, tell him your sob story and let us all know what happens. LOL!! I doubt he or she is going to say ok and drive away. Obviously you and others are willing to take the chance, I sure as heck aren't.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Tough!!!!!!!! If it was an old wound I'd let it be. But if it was fresh from a bad shot. OHHHH... I don't know. It's one of those things I'd have to decide on the spot.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Without seeing the deer, it would be hard to say!
Legality, and ethics, USUALLY go hand-in-hand, BUT SOMETIMES THEY DON'T!
In a "suffering" situation, I would take the law into my own hands, others might choose to follow the "letter of the law!"
Personally, I would just have to deal with the consequences, if the Wardens saw it differently than I did!
In ANY case, I'd say that the best that you can do, would be to follow your heart! Or, as DD would say, "to thine own self be true!"

Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 PM
bigcountry

Let nature takes it course. Nature is cruel. Just the way it is. I understand how ya feel but sometimes us hunters try to control nature too much. Coyotes got to eat, buzzards got to eat. Its the cruel circle of life.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Xtec Shooter

This goes to those that would shoot the doe(or anywild animal for that matter)even when it's NOT LEGAL. Are you guys honestly willing to pay fines and possibly get your gun or your hunting privelages revoked for shooting a wounded animal that's not in season??
Would you not stop, and render aid to an injured person, for fear of being sued?
I guess thats one of the major things thats wrong with this world!
Most people would rather run over a dying person, than to "risk" ANYTHING!
Again, I'd go with my heart, and hope that the Wardens would have some common sence!

Quick Reply: Question about being legal or ethical

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.