Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Let's see some old photo's

Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 PM

Default RE: Let's see some old photo's

i will have to post one if i can....i have one from 1892 in it at a deer camp....and it actually has my great great grandfather in it when he was about 7 or 8.....there were alotta nice bucks hangin around too...looks like two big 10's and a really nice 8....the rest were smaller bucks...but a picture i love and it is still on my wall.best of all...it is sentemental to me because it has been passed down...i take pride and look at it every now and then. i will see what i can do.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:30 AM

If I can find the plugs for my scanner I will post some!!! I have pictures of family members that have to date to the late 1800's to the early 1900's.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:49 AM

awsome pics, guys thanks for sharing
Old 02-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg that looks like an old Locksly laminated recurve I use to shoot back in the mid 60s ... but you forgot the sights ...we use to tape a bobbie pen on the riser and look through the round part to sight in ...was kind of crude but work for about 20 yards ... anyway super picture you got there ..

dd
Old 02-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Greg that looks like an old Locksly laminated recurve I use to shoot back in the mid 60s ... but you forgot the sights ...we use to tape a bobbie pen on the riser and look through the round part to sight in ...was kind of crude but work for about 20 yards ... anyway super picture you got there ..

dd
Thanks, actually it is an old Indian Archery recurve. As far as sights go, I never even thought of it. I had never seen sights at that time. I thought that instinctive was the only way to shoot a bow! I still have that bow and all the others I've had.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

I had this pic on my computer for some reason... IDK where it came from but i like the guys w/ ties gives it a nice touch
Old 02-10-2006, 08:16 PM

Now thats really something when everyone in the hunting party has something hanging from the pole. The good ole days.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 PM

my grandmother owns a grocery store and there used to be an old guy named kenneth greer that would come in and talk about the muleys he used to shoot in colorado back in the 50's and 60's.

i finally got to see some pics of them and man, they had a few laying in the back of a pickup and i swear the spread was as wide as the bed of the truck.

i have tried to get in touch with him so i could see them again but my granma hasnt seen him in a few years.

he says the mounts are hanging in the Lone Star Brewery in San Antonio. these deer were huge and since thepics were inblack and white, made it look even cooler.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

GREAT post...i love old hunting pics.....i dont have any....my grandfathers hunted...but grandma says they never brought anything home lol....

hillbilly....that is a great site.....i just spent the last half hour going through all them pics....looks like mostly michigan?? guess thats where that company is from...looks like them guys loved neckshots in their old lever guns!!...i wonder how they hunted back then?? im guessing they were big time drivers.....i cant belive the size of some of them bucks...some of them things are huge by todays standards.....looks like them guys were ALWAYS at their "camps" i looked at the fishing pics too...winter was hunting season.....then trout in the spring....bass in the summer!! lots of bird and bunny hunting back then too.....grouse must have been EVERYWHERE!..and i even seen an OWL!!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pictures, back to the good old days...

Quick Reply: Let's see some old photo's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.