Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to get the GF to understand deer hunting isnt bad?

Old 02-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default How to get the GF to understand deer hunting isnt bad?

Hey,
My girlfriend just constantly tells me that killing deer is wrong, i've tried to explain to her that without deer hunting deer would starve or get hit by cars so we're doing them a favor by controling the herd, idk how i can prove to her that i'm telling the truth ? any advice?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to get the GF to understand deer hunting isnt bad?

break up wit her and go find you a girl that hunts .... but if that i not an option take her hunting withouta gun and let her see all of the good things about it
Old 02-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

explain to her that hunting was in your life well before her, and if she doesn't like it....oh well. it's not like your forcing her to hunt and besides, i'm sure she does things that you don't like and you put up with it.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:34 PM

Tell her hunters do more for the animals she thinks she's helping by opposing hunting.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunters do more for animals and care more about them than all the tree huggers combined! Just let her know that and let her know how much you care about the deer/turkeys/ducks...and every species you hunt. When she sees you truthfully care about the wellbeing of these animals, maybe she will be more willing to listen to your point of view. Also, take her out with you when you go hunting sometime. Very few nonhunters get to see the amount of wildlife that we do, especially how close we get sometimes. That might be fun for the two of you and might get her considering hunting herself. Good luck!!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:37 PM

I guess that the facts about hunting in generaldont hit home since you said shenags aboutit alot.
Does she know that she is hurting your feelings? Maybe you could explain why you hunt and what the values are for you. Best solution I think, as stated earlier, try tospend much withherin thenature. If sherealise how great nature is, and how muchyou know about it and she does not, hopefully she will graduallychange her mind.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:44 PM

Tell her that you didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables. If that don't work you have two optons. One is you both agree not to mention the subject any more. Two, you split up and find somebody who can accept you for who you are. JMHO
Old 02-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

show her pics and stories on what happens to an over populated deer herd and then ask her who is more cruel...you for helping control deer herd populations, or her for not doing anything.....
Old 02-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

im lucky.....so far...been with mine a year and a half...she dont mind me hunting...misses me when i disappear for days on end on some of my camp excursions...but other then that she dont CARE that i hunt...she LOVES to go fishing with me...tried to make her a camera girl...but i take better pics MYSELF! lol....i wanted to take her hunting..but showed her some videos first and all she can say is POOR animals!! but she dont stop me...and if and when she ever trys she knows where the door is...i shoulda stuck with the cute blonde that hunts....it was just a middle school thing when i was with her though.....kinda mad....my buddys with her and doesnt treat her as good as i would....but mine will do until she trys pulling some crap...next year should be interesting..shes going away to school...and im away at school..i come home on weekends now...but i aint driving to her college every weekend she cant come home....."i love her....but i love to hunt!"
Old 02-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

show her some article of what happens when deer get hit by cars and go to waste and also take a personlife.

Quick Reply: How to get the GF to understand deer hunting isnt bad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.