Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad hunting experiences

Old 02-02-2006, 03:26 PM

Default RE: Bad hunting experiences

Hunted hard for three solid days- never saw one deer. Then, as we were leaving on the last night, well after shooting hours, I got out of the pickup to open a gate. A deer ran right across the road in front of me, right in the headlights.I think he even grinned at me. All I could think was "I hope Isee you next year".
Old 02-02-2006, 06:24 PM

I'm relatively new to hunting. This was my second season, and I'm now a bowhunter. I was hunting two days before last Christmas Eve and I shot a doe in the evening. She jumped the string and the arrow hit pretty good forward, but since she jumped a little to me, it went through her gut. In the adrenaline and heat of the moment, I thought I made a really good shot. We tracked her for an hour as it was getting dark, and lost the blood trail. The next morning me and my uncle looked two and a half hours for that doe, and could not find her. He said it was good I felt bad and it happens and that I probably only wounded the deer. It was a horrible feeling so I kept looking anyway. Seeing buzzards circling overhead, I found my doe in a dry creekbottom. It turned out good, but for awhile I felt awful.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

welll i was duck hunting and i mistook a crane for a duck and shot to quick and blam i shot him stupid me i should always know my target and i shot i know well right before it died it made anawful swqak and it just made me feel so bad i wish i could have shot my foot off thats how bad i felt
Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 PM

I almost hurt myself laughing at that one. I will be sure to pay attention the next time I have to crap in the woods.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:38 PM

I guess we can call that a crappy caller and not break the rules here about bashing manufactures equipment.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:03 PM

NY, that was the best ever!! I one time had a similar experiance but not as bad. I was on the ground and felt the same urge and I also carry tolite paper. Well I too had on jacket and bibs but was able to not be in as big of a hurry, but lets just say that morning I was serving shakes. Well I got done,hunted for about another hour and then went into town to get a bite to eat. Went in arbys, got rost beef and took my coat off and ate for a while. got done, put on coat and went home. This is were it gets bad, asI start to undress at home I realized I too craped on the back side of my bibs!! I know that people had to see it when I was at arbys. I did not go back their for a while!! Thanks for your good post, that sure was a mouthful, in more than one way Hope to be exchanging good post like that with ya in the future. Thanks to all for the good stories!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

NY Bowhunter,

Sounds like you "GRUNTED" on your call, before you could call on your "GRUNT" !!!!

Funny Story.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 PM

OOOO my. You guys and your crapping stories. That is too funny, and I thought I was the only one that had luck like that. I had some weird vibe this year, I too usually take a " morning crap " but quite a few times this year it just didn't happen..... Till I got in the woods. It was almost prdictable so I basically stopped getting up in the mornings early to hunt. I had a tree picked out for a morning hunt and got to the tree put my climber on it and started climbing, well the tree didnt like my stand but it was to late to try to find another tree. So I was like 8 feet off the ground stickin out like a sore thumb when the urge came. I just spent 15 mins getting in this tree and it took about 2 seconds to climb back down. I take as much clothing off as possible to avoide dirtying my clothes up, hasn't happened to me but has happened to a family memeber, lets just say he had a very very cold morning in the woods. I am always looking around for other hunters before I whip my pants down though, trust me if I get the sun the hit my butt just right it like a sailor signaling for SOS. See we all have dirty secrets, this is fun.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY, look at the other side of the coin.

Now if that buck had been closer and was continuing his walk in your direction, you would not have needed to call him in. Thus, your precious little lips never would have come in contact with...you know what....

So two comments...I blame the buck, not you and that really was a great story. Very well written...

Old 02-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY. I have heard of people pulling up thir coveralls and flinging poop aroung their neck, but I have never heard of anyone pooping on their grunt call.

I could not quit laughing at your story. I actually think I puked a little in my mouth while reading. That was great! Only other hunters would understand how these types of things can happen.

Quick Reply: Bad hunting experiences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.