Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A MUST SEE FOR ALL HUNTERS !!!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A MUST SEE FOR ALL HUNTERS !!!!!

i'm sorry.i know we as hunters should stick together, but there is no way in hell that i would ever stand by such a thing.......NEVER ![:@][:@][:@]
just another reason not to like mr houston.....i even tried but that man just rubs me wrong......
Old 02-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Exactly. I couldn't help but wonder about a few of those videos. One shows a dying deer being propped up and shot like it is supposed to stir some sort of emotional outrage. Another video simply shows a picture of a young deer in a pen. Isn't a deer in a pen just a domestic animal? People have been keeping animals in pens for thousands of years, and because it's a deer I'm supposed to be upset? And yet another video shows diseased animals. The information presented paints all high fence owners as if they don't care about disease, when in fact they are hit in the wallet big-time when they start losing animals. Then there was the deer staggering. No testimony was offered as to why the deer was staggering, yet I couldn't help but notice the video claimed it was acting "unnatural". Odd choice of words, isn't it? I'm not saying I agree with what is going on, but I am saying some of the video evidence makes me leary of trusting the organization presenting it.

When some animal-rights group wants you out of business, they will stop at nothing to get the job done. Even if if means they have to watch you for weeks to get enough of what they want to cut and paste 5 minutes of film together showing your "cruel" and "heartless" actions.
NT , the video was outakes from video footage that was shot to promote Bellar's Place , and it was used by our DNR and USFWS against Russ Bellar in court when he faced 38 Lacey Act violations . It was not shot by ARFs . Ironically , the "organization" presenting it was none other than Bellar himself , talk about being hoisted on your own petard ...

Further investigation of both Bellar's Place and the other canned ranches statewide is still being conducted , and it has so far come to light that Bellar was only the most egregious violater , not the only one . The practices conducted at Bellar's Place were actually fairly representative of the others , which is why they are being banned here . BTW , whether owned or wild a whitetailed deer in Indiana is considered a game animal , not livestock , and is subject to our game laws . The Lacey Act is never invoked for shooting a cow .
Old 02-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

I've already posted my disgust about what was seen in the video but I have a question that relates to it. Where are all these hunting and conservation groups we've all pumped money into at one time or another when a situation like this arises? Shouldn't they be on the front lines along with the states and the feds trying to shut down this kind of garbage? If they truly want to protect the future of our huntingshouldn't theybe doing everything they can toput a stopto the very things that jeopardize the future of hunting? These actionssend the wrong message about the hunting industry in general for generations to come so shouldn't taking a stand against this type of thing be a major consideration in their attempts to "protect and preserve" our hunting rights for generations to come? Free gifts and stickers are nice but I think the money could be put to better use like investigating and stopping this kind of thing. I have a hard time believing thatnone of these groups are aware that this type of garbage, that can easily push people to the other side of the fence,is going on all over the country.

My apologies toany of the groups doing more than just printing a story about it in their monthly magazines.

Keep in mind that my thoughts are targeted at the groups, not the members.

Sorry to get OT.

[/align]
Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 AM

people like that do not deserve to step foot into the woods. I hope Bubba in prison takes a liking to these jerks
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

some one needs to post the link in the first post, on jimmy's web site for all of his "fans" to see how much of a sob he really is. jmo
here is his general discusion board that all his fans go to.
http://jimmyhouston.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=2495e97b4aa091b0daa8b3495f9745 bf&board=1.0.

i would post it but after tellinghis sponcers what i thought in the nicest way i could i felt possible[>:].they kick me off the board and now i cant post a thing about it[:@].. some one do this. his fans need to know what kind of person he really is.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MassBowhunter

I've already posted my disgust about what was seen in the video but I have a question that relates to it. Where are all these hunting and conservation groups we've all pumped money into at one time or another when a situation like this arises? Shouldn't they be on the front lines along with the states and the feds trying to shut down this kind of garbage? If they truly want to protect the future of our huntingshouldn't theybe doing everything they can toput a stopto the very things that jeopardize the future of hunting? These actionssend the wrong message about the hunting industry in general for generations to come so shouldn't taking a stand against this type of thing be a major consideration in their attempts to "protect and preserve" our hunting rights for generations to come? Free gifts and stickers are nice but I think the money could be put to better use like investigating and stopping this kind of thing. I have a hard time believing thatnone of these groups are aware that this type of garbage, that can easily push people to the other side of the fence,is going on all over the country.

My apologies toany of the groups doing more than just printing a story about it in their monthly magazines.

Keep in mind that my thoughts are targeted at the groups, not the members.

Sorry to get OT.

[/align]
THEY ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU WONDER ABOUTand what thanks do they get for it? They are accused of being antis, PETA freaks, and worse. The officers have their name drug through the mud by these shooting zoo operators repeatedly. At least one of them smeared and slandered practicly to the day she died of breast cancer by canned hunt operators who would DESTROY HUNTING with this ignorant crap if they could make a dollar off it.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

some one needs to post the link in the first post, on jimmy's web site for all of his "fans" to see how much of a sob he really is. jmo
http://jimmyhouston.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=2495e97b4aa091b0daa8b3495f9745 bf&board=1.0.

i would post it but after tellinghis sponcers what i thought in the nicest way i could i felt possible[>:].they kick me off the board and now i cant post a thing about it[:@].. some one do this. his fans need to know what kind of person he really is.
Try this thread.
http://jimmyhouston.com/community/index.php/topic,177.0.html
Old 02-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

yea jack thanks.i wish there was more we could do.
i feel we as hunters who have a say in this should not only post our thoughts and feelings here but also on the site jack gave. it seems like all we are doing here is preaching to the quior. we need to get this out to people who think he is this wonderful guy who knows alot about hunting and thats why he is getting these huge buck. i myself watched his show a ton untill i saw this footage. i want to see him and his show go to heL and leting other know he is frod willdefently help in doing so.
[/align]
Old 02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

Try this thread.
http://jimmyhouston.com/community/index.php/topic,177.0.html

See the post by lokust ? What a dummy. I just signed up as StretchYZF
Old 02-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had to lmao when i read lokust reply....we need to do our part....... i've written ol jeb bush and i am waiting for an email so i can activate my membership over at mr houstons site.......it said it would take a minute, it's been about20 , but what can one expect from someone that would hunt in a 3-6 acre plot .......[:-]

Quick Reply: A MUST SEE FOR ALL HUNTERS !!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.