Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A MUST SEE FOR ALL HUNTERS !!!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A MUST SEE FOR ALL HUNTERS !!!!!

Unreal. Glad they were busted by the Feds. The few dollars they spent on ammunition will result in millions of dollars going to the anti's when folks see this bs.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can't tell if a guy can hunt by the racks on his wall.

A buddy of mine used to guide, he shot deer for"clients" every year.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

A few years ago, Jimmy was arrested for shooting a deer with out a proper tag, now this, makes you wonder hwat his sponsers care about.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Sad, very sad!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.jimmyhouston.com/page.php?page=sponsers

Here's a link to his sponsers. Maybe we should let them know what we think.

Just sent a e-mail to Mothwing,ESPN is next.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is awful. Why bother to call yourself a hunter or a sportsman?

I never cared for Jimmy Houston to begin with, but that settles all doubts.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:31 AM

makes me sick,very sick.......dont think much of JIMMY huston NO MORE[:@]
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

http://www.jimmyhouston.com/page.php?page=sponsers

Here's a link to his sponsers. Maybe we should let them know what we think.

Just sent a e-mail to Mothwing,ESPN is next.
I to just emailed them with my thoughts on their poster boy what scum
Old 01-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Jimmy wasn't the only pseudoceleb who got caught up in this , Ronny Dunn of Brooks and Dunn also had to go to court over this and turn state's evidence to avoid prosecution . Bellar's Place liked to invite higher profile types to their place so that they could tout it later , Jimmy was just the most visible one .

The guy who owns the place is currently doing two years in a federal lock up for 38 violations of the Lacey Act and will be paying over $500,000 in fines and restitution . Was it worth it Russ ? Knowing that greedy SOB he'll probably try something just as shady when he gets out . I got to meet his son , along with many of the leading deer pimps , while our public meetings were still in progress and the only thing that depressed me more than their blinding greed was the apparent apathy of the hunting community . There weren't many hunters at the meetings to oppose them , and it was only through a concerted campaign of snail and e-mails that the meetings occured at all .

Think it can't happen where you live ? Better think twice and start looking around , there may be one near you selling your hunting heritage for a few pieces of silver right now . Think Bellar's Place was an anomaly , just one place that was breaking the law and got caught ? An investigation in Indiana covering 2 years revealed that not only was Bellar's case not unique but nearly every other game farm had multiple violations . Yeah , it can happen in your back yard too , and probably already is . Anytime that level of money is involved you can bet that it is .
Old 01-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is just pathetic!!! I was watching the video wondering just how many shows have I watched in the past that are fimled in similar locations..........

IMO this is the evolution of Hunting. Money is ruining our sport and I bet it is worse than we could ever imagine.

I think high fences should be illegal nationwide. The video said that it was a 1700 acre ranch, but there were several 3 acre pens that were being used. If you watch the video of the deer in the pen, you can tell that they are not used to being in a pen quite that small. Again, I wonder how many "legitiamte" high fence outfits do the same thing???

I cannot imagine any true hunter supporting this or justifying it in anyway.

Quick Reply: A MUST SEE FOR ALL HUNTERS !!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.