Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DoctorDeath PLEASE READ

Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 AM

Default RE: DoctorDeath PLEASE READ

Things around here get better and better....

Old 01-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

DD,Most if not all the pictures you posted appeared to be of young deer. I'm sure you need to take a lot out seeing as you can shoot,what is it two a day?

Charlie we can take two a day in Alabama ...everyday of the season ..and I have big deer on my wall that I would compare to anyones ...I am a deer hunter plain and simple ..I purchased a hunting license so I could harvest enough meat for my family and friends ..which I was luckey enough to do ..as for being young deer what differece does it make as long as the meat is not wasted ...everyone accuses ME of being on an ego trip but I have never professed to being just a "trophy" hunter ..the farms that I hunt are quite small ..150 acres and 80 acres ..and the agreement with the farmer is I take all I can because deer here are pest to farmers ..however I will never shoot a doe with her young or a yearling ..

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Doc my freezer is full also as usual!!! Its just not with little bucks.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

"as for being young deer what differece does it make as long as the meat is not wasted ."

Why freakout on that guy for shooting a button buck then,is theree a big difference in shooting a 1.5 and a .5 year old as long as the meat wasn't wasted?Especially when the guy didn't have that much experience?

however I will never shoot a doe with her young or a yearling ..

That's your personal ethics if a farmer wanted them gone I drop Mom and the ones right behind her. Done it before would do it again. They eat farmers crops too.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Hey DD now your being hypocritical!!!!!!!!! You say the famer wants you to kill the deer because they are pest. Well its not the bucks that are the pest its the does that keep having little ones that do the most damage. If your not shooting the does then the farmer is going to have to find someone else to do it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

"as for being young deer what differece does it make as long as the meat is not wasted ."

Why freakout on that guy for shooting a button buck then,is theree a big difference in shooting a 1.5 and a .5 year old as long as the meat wasn't wasted?Especially when the guy didn't have that much experience?

however I will never shoot a doe with her young or a yearling ..

That's your personal ethics if a farmer wanted them gone I drop Mom and the ones right behind her. Done it before would do it again. They eat farmers crops too.
Charlie I have tried my best not to argue with you but seems to me you just want to start a pissing battle and I am not falling for it...trying to reason with you as an adult is like trying to argue with a stop sign...as for why I got bent out of shape for the guy shooting a 40 lb button buck it was because he wasMY guest ..hunting onMY lease ...and I gave him implicet instructions NOT to shoot either of thosetwo yearlingsand he did anyway ......I told him not to and he did he will not hunt with me again.

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

and I have big deer on my wall that I would compare to anyones ...
Seriously why compare your bucks with anyone else. In todays world having big heads on the wall don't mean squat,it's how they got there.

I can pay some one to drive me to a heated blind and have him tell me what deer to watch for and shoot it. What hunting ability does that take. Then I could go to someone house and see a bunch of 6 pt bucks on the wall and think nothing of it,and find out later he shot them off the ground with an bow and arrows he made at ten yards. Whose the better hunter/woodsman. Bone on the wall personally don't mean squat to me anymore.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Charlie your right ..YOU ARE DA MAN ...The Top Dog ..The Big Bananna ...The Big Cheese ...The Head Honcho ...for sure no question in MY mind... Im just a week-end warrior ...maybe when I grow up I can be just like you. I apprecaite you setting me straight on this matterand oh by the way you left your coon skin hat hagging on the door!

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wasn't referring to myself in that last post.

Tell you what I'm a good hunter. I'mhumbled however at the skills of some of the people I have met.

YOU ARE DA MAN ...The Top Dog ..The Big Bananna ...The Big Cheese ...The Head Honcho ...for sure no question in MY mind...

I don't think of myself that way. Don't know why your so upset,must have hit a nerve I guess. I don't hunt for any type of competition won't even get involved with them. Why? That's just me and whatI find important. I have one deer on my wall , I hunted him and killed him,so I thought we both earned the honor of mounting him.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's what great about hunting you can hunt for your reasons and if you enjoy your hunt,cool by me.

I just not the type of guy that gets all impressed by horn on the wall. It's the way they put them there I get impressed by.

Quick Reply: DoctorDeath PLEASE READ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.