Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DoctorDeath PLEASE READ

Old 01-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DoctorDeath PLEASE READ

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

One thing about it. Your HNI posting proliferation sure is good advertisement for this guy. He should give YOU a discounted price.
Ahhhhhhh H.B. your smarter then the average bear

dd

Old 01-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

$4500 to kill a whitetail? WOW I didnt' realize these things were that expensive.
NY I know $4500.00 is a lot of money but really compared to other hunts ...Iowa ..Kansas ...Texas ... Missouri ...Illinois ..its very reasonable and you do stand the chance of taking a B&C trophy and maybe even a new worlds record seeing as how this property is less then 100 miles from where the Hanson buck was taken ...compare it to Kings Ranch in Texas and its a BARGIN ..had I shot my Canadian buck there it would have cost me over $10000.00 ( around 45 per inch ) and it would be like a high fence hunt which I have no interest in ...even here in Alabama we have hunting lodges that charge $700.00 per day and you will NEVER see a buck like you might see in Canada so when you comapre apples to apples hunting Canada is pretty reasonable if your quest is a BIG buck ...there is a risk though of coming home empty handed ..unlike Saskatchewan where they can bait deer and see a LOT of deerin Alberta there is no baiting and your subject not to see a shooter ...Ive hunted there 4 times and came home empty handed 2 times but thats hunting ..however my trip was worth every nickle I spent because even tho I did not harvest a buck on those two occations I saw sights that I would NEVER have seen in Alabama or Tennessee .....

dd

dd
Old 01-29-2006, 08:08 AM

Man thats alot of dough!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

hunting Canada is pretty reasonable if your quest is a BIG buck ...
My quest is for a big buck andmy land is even more reasonable lol [:-] I probably won't see many 180's or 190's, but I'll take what I have here at that price (or any price).
I can see yourpoint though. Combine the hunting/trophy buck with the overall experience and it's like taking a vacation so to speak. Probably nothing I'll be doing anytime soon. Not because of the money, I'd just feel weird having someone do the work and just "setting me up". Paying for a trophy would just weird me out too much.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

DD you will NEVER see deer that big there because you dont let them get big enough.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tanktrunk

DD you will NEVER see deer that big there because you dont let them get big enough.
TT your the kind of guy I would like to run into some times ...if your ever down my way let me know ..

dd
Old 01-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Doc, I was wondering how many bucks you sawduring your hunts in Alberta? Are you hunting East of Edmonton?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is precisely why I hunt in MD, it cost me much less then a canadian or midwestern hunt($450 for club dues, plus lots of gas and beer during the year, plus $180 for a license), and I may not see as many big bucks per outing (or year!) then I would on one of those hunts, but I have a chance at a real monster there, unlike south jersey where I live. I love hunting the deer close to home, there is alot of satisfaction in killing a mature buck, especially in a heavily hunted area, but it is nice to know sometimes while sitting in the stand that you have a chance for a booner, and maybe even a WR
Old 01-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Hey Doc, I was wondering how many bucks you sawduring your hunts in Alberta? Are you hunting East of Edmonton?
Early I am hunting about 60 miles NE of Edmonton ...I saw 3 bucks ..two doe's and a moose the week I was there ...it was the 4th week under a full moon.

dd
Old 01-29-2006, 05:35 PM

it was the 4th week under a full moon.
DD, I'm just curious whatyou meant by this? No matter where you are in the world, there's only a full moon a few daysevery month.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the sun?

Quick Reply: DoctorDeath PLEASE READ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.