Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone else have Doctor Death kill more deer then you seen this year

Old 01-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone else have Doctor Death kill more deer then you seen this year

saw about 30 deer this year and this was public land only took 1 i was trying to get a big buck and just let small ones go my luck is when i shoot a small buck a bigger one is just out of sight and all you see is tail when they run away. in the past i have killed a lot more and all of the meat was used by me or someone else if i had someone that would use the meat i would shoot more i hope dd kills 10 more this year its fun to read these posts sometimes dd your are the man
Old 01-30-2006, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone else have Doctor Death kill more deer then you seen this year

ORIGINAL: ALHunter74
Itook DD's remarks differant than you. I don't think DD was meaning anything bad by what he said. I think he was just poking fun at all the people on here who ride him for killing 13 deer this year.
[/quote]

Al some folks on here just do not appreciate my kind of humor ..Im glad you do

dd

Old 01-30-2006, 05:50 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a fair # of deer as long as they get put to good use. I ended up with 13 here in MO and none were wasted. My family really likes deer and we use it in alot of dishes. We kept 5 of the deer ourselves and have already put quite a dent in it. Two others went to friends that had put in a request for a couple and the rest went to the share the harvest program here. I however didn't take more than 2 deer off of the same property. Congrats on your season DD.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: alwyshntn

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a fair # of deer as long as they get put to good use. I ended up with 13 here in MO and none were wasted. My family really likes deer and we use it in alot of dishes. We kept 5 of the deer ourselves and have already put quite a dent in it. Two others went to friends that had put in a request for a couple and the rest went to the share the harvest program here. I however didn't take more than 2 deer off of the same property. Congrats on your season DD.
CONGRATS To you to Al ... you had a hell of a season ..I sure hope the guys on this forum don't bash you like they have me but I doubt it ...where in Missouri do you hunt?

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 06:06 AM

Thanks DD....Central and North Central....Its OK if they bash I have thick skin
Old 01-30-2006, 04:08 PM

Al some folks on here just do not appreciate my kind of humor ..Im glad you do
Shoot, DD. I've read enough of your posts to make an accurate judgement on humor vs. a patronizing comment. I think I know just what was meant, which is why I posted what I did. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

Gun hunting on land that is overflowing with deer is kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. I just have no need to kill more than two deer per season, let alone 10 or 12+.
Ohhhh I understand Jimbo but heck I was just funnin with you.. I did not get bent out of shape when you madethiskind of comment
dd
Old 01-30-2006, 05:28 PM

And what was wrong with my statement? Would you disagree with my comparison?
Old 01-30-2006, 06:12 PM
bigcountry

I saw about 50 deer this year or more. I unfortately have to bowhunt a state park so I had to take one doe first and then after killing a buck, I needed another doe. But got me a nice 7pter,8 pointer and two doewith a bow. Leave those little deer and a big one might step out I say.

Anybody can kill with a gun in a developed area. We all realize it. I just accept some folks like killing and some like hunting.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I saw a couple of deer this year, but way down from normal. I haven't shot a deer in a couple of years, and this year was no different.I mightshoot a nice buck, but nothing I saw this year was big enough for me to even think twice. Maybe next year.

I got to get out and see some deer, so it was a good year.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have Doctor Death kill more deer then you seen this year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.