Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Old 01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

jcchartboyI can'y agree with you more.

Also introduced was A 2466A, which seeks to drastically expand the state's ban on so-called "assault weapons" by adding pump action rifles and reduce the number of allowed features from two to zero. Additionally, the bill would give the State Police broad authority to designate additional firearms to be outlawed. Under the bill, those who wish to keep "banned" firearms lawfully possessed prior to January 1, 2007, must register them and have them tested for entry into the state's failed ballistic imaging program. Many of the guns affected by this bill are widely used in competitions and hunting.

Please right your representatives and let them know how you feel about these bills,

Thank you Charlie....my whole point in postingthe information concerning each bill is so members can contact their representatives if they feel that the bills do not represent their beliefs.

Once Again, goodpost and great advice...

Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

jcchartboy:

If I misunderstood you, I apologize. I thought you were saying that banning .50 caliber rifles was "common sense" and I contest that assertion. If this was NOT your assertion, then . . . never mind. I thought you were saying that locking up the ammo in the store every night was "common sense" and I contest that assertion. Again, if this was NOT your assertion, then . . . never mind.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you ALS,

I willaccept the "never mind" option
Old 01-28-2006, 04:55 PM

I hate to see that kind of an attitude toward any gun. Need isn't part of the argument. Want is. Why does anyone need a private jet? Why does anyone need an SUV? Why do you need to hunt?
The answer to all three questions is that there is no need for any of it. It's a matter of want and being able to afford each.
These anti gunners are all for divide and conquer. They have apparently got you on their side.
The 50s are just fun to shoot. I have access to a National Guard range where we can shoot out to about 1 mile. I have forgotten the exact yardage, but I know it is well beyond the 800 meter targets. To shoot a 50 with spotter tracer rounds is just plain fun. I haven't coughed up the money for one yet, but it is on my list.

Oh yeah and who needs a handgun?

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Well I ain't sure about the rest of your post BUT I can not imagine why ANYONE needs a 50 Cal weapon ... Im not talking about black powder muzzleloaders ..but a military type weapon ..your sure not going to hunt with it ...and I cant imagine why a person OR persons would need a automatic assualt weapon so as far as I am concerned I have no problem with outlawing those ... with that being said I think when it comes to handguns and legit hunting rifles they are crossing the line and"Treading" on my rights as a law abiding citizan to bare arms... JMO

dd

Old 01-29-2006, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

ORIGINAL: 02bhntn

To make it simpler, the ban INCLUDES your .50 cal Muzzlelaoders.
BTW, not to single this individual out...but statements like this are exactly why I took a great deal of my own personal time to provide the proper information concerning the proposed regs..

The statement is completely and factually wrong...it only serves to fuel an us vs them attitude that will only alienate the gun community further from the lawmakers that propose such bills.

We need to work with the lawmaking community...not against them... posting misleading ordownright incorrect information on public forums is not the best means to accomplish that goal....IMHO
Old 01-29-2006, 10:00 AM

Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the bills. I do review the bills in my legislature, but since I am across the lake from NY I didn't bother.
I do respectfully disagree with the working with the legislature. Every time we work with them something is given up. We get to the point where there will be nothing left. It will be all over.

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

ORIGINAL: 02bhntn

To make it simpler, the ban INCLUDES your .50 cal Muzzlelaoders.
BTW, not to single this individual out...but statements like this are exactly why I took a great deal of my own personal time to provide the proper information concerning the proposed regs..

The statement is completely and factually wrong...it only serves to fuel an us vs them attitude that will only alienate the gun community further from the lawmakers that propose such bills.

We need to work with the lawmaking community...not against them... posting misleading ordownright incorrect information on public forums is not the best means to accomplish that goal....IMHO
Old 01-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cnile

I hate to see that kind of an attitude toward any gun. Need isn't part of the argument. Want is. Why does anyone need a private jet? Why does anyone need an SUV? Why do you need to hunt?
The answer to all three questions is that there is no need for any of it. It's a matter of want and being able to afford each.
These anti gunners are all for divide and conquer. They have apparently got you on their side.
The 50s are just fun to shoot. I have access to a National Guard range where we can shoot out to about 1 mile. I have forgotten the exact yardage, but I know it is well beyond the 800 meter targets. To shoot a 50 with spotter tracer rounds is just plain fun. I haven't coughed up the money for one yet, but it is on my list.

Oh yeah and who needs a handgun?

Bingo ! its not about what you need, it's about your right to own, want or do.
The guberment is already telling you what you need, and this type of legislation will make it worse. I dont need a 200mph motorcycle but I do own and want one. I race bikes.I dont want a 50 BMG but some people do and like shooting them as a sport. Just like I like racing my 200 mph bikes as a sport.
They are chipping away at your rights little by little, and it needs to stop.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:35 PM

Well I ain't sure about the rest of your post BUT I can not imagine why ANYONE needs a 50 Cal weapon ... Im not talking about black powder muzzleloaders ..but a military type weapon ..your sure not going to hunt with it ...and I cant imagine why a person OR persons would need a automatic assualt weapon so as far as I am concerned I have no problem with outlawing those ... with that being said I think when it comes to handguns and legit hunting rifles they are crossing the line and"Treading" on my rights as a law abiding citizan to bare arms... JMO

dd
YOU SPEAK MAD!!!!!

That .50 cal and larger crap is going to affect 10 and 12 gauge shotguns too.

Banning assault weapons treads on my rights!!!!! Banning of any guns treads on my rights!!!!!

You're the type that porks us of our Second Amendment rights!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 03:44 PM

Ok Charlie this is my last post on the subject ...

Ok sosue me ... I lied !

dd
Can I take that to the bank?!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

In fact you said you wouldn't even post that last one.
ROFL!!!!