Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Old 01-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

DD, stop acting like a teenager that didn't get his way. I really don't care what you think of me or how I feel on this topic.
Ok Charlie this is my last post on the subject BUT let me ask a Q ..if you could care less what I think as to how you feel on this subject ...why did you direct your remarks towards me.... just curious ..that is if you could care less like you said?

dd
Old 01-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Because you on this thread spouting your mouth off on something happening in my home state. I could care less what you think of my opinion or me but when you start giving an opinion on a bill that directly effects where I live I am going to reply,ok?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

that is if you could care less like you said?
Believe me what you think about me means absolutely nothing,I'm not trying to get internet buddies like some people.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well you need to REREAD my post ...I made it VERY clear I was NOT trying to impose my will on ANYONE in NY ... VERY CLEAR !!

dd
Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

No thanks I've read enough of your posts for today...................tomorrow.................. ..................forever.[8D]
In fact you said you wouldn't even post that last one.
Ok Charlie this is my last post on the subject BUT let me ask a Q
Old 01-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: Charlie P

No thanks I've read enough of your posts for today...................tomorrow.................. ..................forever.[8D]
In fact you said you wouldn't even post that last one.
Ok Charlie this is my last post on the subject BUT let me ask a Q
Ok sosue me ... I lied !

dd
Old 01-27-2006, 11:26 AM

A funny thing!
Here you can actually get a permit to own a .50 BMG for hunting purposes but you can only hunt game up to the size of a fox or a capercaille since there are no expanding bullets.

It is not an easy thing for politicians to make good reasonable laws. In fact democracy is crap but there are no better system invented. The gun owners are not as good at playing the game of influencing the public as are some of the anti gunners. What sentiments can we evoke to make the public more in favour of our views. OK facts are on our side most of the time but decisions are made by emotional reasons since thats where the dedicated and interested voters are. There is no political value in centuries old documents from a time when there were no big difference between hunting guns and military arms. Not compared with pictures of crying mothers.
We need more goodwill and can probably not expect to keep things as they are. And maybe it wont be so bad.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

There would be a lot of poison tipped arrows flying from my rooftop if they ever tried coming after my bow.[:-][8D]
Old 01-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got to go with how i feel, i don't own any military style weapons, i prefer bolt action rifles or single shots, i only own a couple of pistols, 1 revolver, i single shot, 1 22 auto, and i have a .380 for pp.i have owned a 9mm but i felt carrying it would lead to trouble[:-], they only full auto i have ever desired to own was a copy of a thompson machine gun in .22, wish i had bought one when i could have afforded it, they are sky high now[:-]. one of the reasons i left the NRA is the same reason i re-upped, i never saw the need for a 50 cal or an auto (full), but there are recreational shooters that enjoy them, and i have been to 1 machine gun shoot, the guys that own them are not nuts, they just enjoy shooting, just like somone that drives a drag car or a round track car, both are very powerful items, but when used with no ill intent, i have no problem, and it is a blast. even though i don't care if i own one or not, i am 110% sure that i don't want someone who knows absoloutly nothing about guns making laws regarding them[:@], remember guns don't kill, people kill, if we got this tuff with everything then no one could drive a car...and the worst case scenario when the politicians get "this" banned then they go after the next greatest offender, like mentioned before a slippery slope, all you have to do is look at europe, brothers it can happen here, we don't need anymore legislation for law-abidding people, make the ones that want to break the laws pay[:@]

guns laws only hurt people that obey the laws in the first place
Old 01-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

JCChartBoy: I don't agree with your analysis that all the proposed legislation constitutes "common sense." For example, when I walk into Bass Pro Shops I can find several shelves of ammunition about 5' high and 40' long. I sure would not want to have to shelf and unshelf all that ammunition every day, yet that seems to be the purport of one of the pieces of legislation. And how much additional safety does this provision give anyone? Precious little I imagine. Why is it common sense to outlaw the ownership of 50 caliber centerfire ammunition? That defies my capacity of reason. We live in a free society, a free nation. This means we don't all have to eat vanilla ice cream, we don't all have to eat chocolate ice cream. If some law abiding citizen wants to own an expensive, several thousand dollar 50 caliber BMG rifle -- we are a free country, let the guy own the rifle! I don't want one, but what does my specific personal set of preferences have to do with it? The "common sense" banning of ammunition useable in a pistol concerns me too. Aren't there pistols that fire high power centerfire rifle cartridges, such as a .243? Doesn't a frangible projectile "read on" a hollow point jacketed .243 bullet or a soft nose jacketed .243 bullet?

I'm not buying the "common sense" gun legislation song. The well considered gun legislation has long since been enacted. Ban 50 caliber rifles? Lots of bank robbers are carrying those things around. Lots of terrorists are using those to enact their nefarious plots. Lets ban cell phones. Definitely a high probability that they will be used, as they have been in Iraq, to set off demolitions here in the US. This is a more plausible threat, in my view, than the possibility that the terrorists will shoot down a commerical airliner with a 50 caliber BMG. Let's ban cars which have more engine power than "reasonably needed" to operate the vehicle. A car that can only carry two occupants adn not designed to tow a boat -- a Z-6 Corvette -- sure doesn't need a 405 horsepower engine. I would not be surprised to find overpowered cars and boats driven recklessly -- and isn't that the entire purpose of excessive power -- kill more people in the US every year than firearms used in crime.

Why is it that you could not understand what I have clearly written, and feel the need to write such an argumentative post?

Here are my exact words once again...

"Let me just say that after briefly reviewing these lawsI FIND THE MAJORITY,of this legislation concerns simple comon sense matters thatunfortunately we can not take for granted. Therefore these pieces of legislation are onlyenforcing standard common sense practices.HOWEVER IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THERE MAY BE SOME PIECES OF THE LEGISLATION THAT UNINTENTIONALLYINFRINGE ON THE RIGHTS OFRIGHTS OF GUNOWNERS/GUN SALESMAN.IF THIS IS THE CASE IT IS NOW OUR JOB TO IDENTIFY THOSE SPECIFIC ISSUE AND RASIE AWARENESSOF THE MATTERBEFORE THE BILLS MOVE FORWARD TOWARDS LEGISLATION...."

If you have a problem with the bills so be it...But do NOTattempt to misrepresent my statements!
I have no interest being in being a pawn in your political campaign...

If you want to debate gun control until your face is blue..go ahead..but leave me out it...

Quick Reply: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.