Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Old 01-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

you but tell those boys over in Iraq that the 50 cal is not a choice weapon for those sand chiggers
It isn't ,the AK47 is their number one weapon and road side bombs.

now days I just feel REAL nervous having Allah's followers living next to me and knowing they have the money and the right to own guns bigger then mine OR the national guard .
I see your buying into the politics of fear. You should be more worried about crossing the street.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

DoctorDeath: The definition of "assault weapons" in the current gun control domain is construed to include semi-automatic weapons. Fully automatic weapons -- aka "machine guns" -- have long been regulated, since about 1933 I think. To own a machine gun requires a hefty permit fee and substantial background vetting. While not strictly "banned," private machine gun ownership is virtually non-existent. When talking about banning "assault weapons" what is meant is banning semi-automatic weapons. Of grave concern is what semi-automatic weapons get pulled in under this umbrella.

No one is advocating private ownership of bazookas and Rifle Propelled Grenades rifles or atomic bombs. This characterization of the position of others in this matter is off base. But again, the second amendment doesn't talk about "need" or "hunting arms." I don't see why a law abiding citizen cannot own and lawfully employ a 50 cal BMG for whatever suits him, for example long range target shooting. I hear the 50 Cal BMG is quite well suited to this activity. Why should this freedom be denied to these people who do indulge in this activity? What bonafide threat or hazard is mitigated by banning these 50 cal BMG rifles?

There are already enough gun control laws. I would argue that there is no statistical correlation between gun control laws and crime rates or between increased gun control laws and decreased crime rates.
Al thank you for setting me straight ... I had hoped I made myself clear but obviously I am not articulated enough so let me try again. I would oppose any legislation that concerned semi-automatic hunting rifles, shotguns or pistols for the general public. What I do not have a problem with is the goverment not wanting the general public having access to automatic style milatary weapons ..or anything that might could be used to bring down an airliner such as a BMG 50cal ...or a shoulder mounted missle launcher ...anything of that nature ... as I said in my very first post on this subject I am not sure about the entire bill because I did not read it at the time and was juat making a commentbut I have no problem with the goverment wanting to limit the general public to these types of weapons ..seems to me its just a common sence...I'm sure some do not see it my way and I respect that ..I guess I just have never been that "gung ho" toWANT or affordto own a weapon like that..and AS USUAL I am feeling like the Lone Ranger on here ..but thats ok ..

dd

Old 01-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

now days I just feel REAL nervous having Allah's followers living next to me and knowing they have the money and the right to own guns bigger then mine OR the national guard .
I see your buying into the politics of fear. You should be more worried about crossing the street.
Charlie you do not even know me so how can you make a statement like that....my only comment to a statement like that is

dd

Old 01-27-2006, 09:39 AM

as ted nugget said "i dont NEED a corvete to got the grocery store either"
Old 01-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Charlie you do not even know me so how can you make a statement like that....
Simple becasue your willing it give up one of our basic rights because your worried about Middle eastern people living around you. I won't use your ethnic slurs to describe them.

or anything that might could be used to bring down an airliner such as a BMG 50cal ...or a shoulder mounted missle launcher ...anything of that nature
Or a Remington 700,you fire a .308 or .300 mag through the fans of a jet engine it will destroy it.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Charlie you do not even know me so how can you make a statement like that....
Simple becasue your willing it give up one of our basic rights because your worried about Middle eastern people living around you. I won't use your ethnic slurs to describe them.

or anything that might could be used to bring down an airliner such as a BMG 50cal ...or a shoulder mounted missle launcher ...anything of that nature
Or a Remington 700,you fire a .308 or .300 mag through the fans of a jet engine it will destroy it.
Ok OK Charlie your right an Im wrong ... now do YOU feel better ..YOU DA MAN !

dd
Old 01-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I felt good the whole time. I know I'm a man what's your point.

You presented your opinions I presented mine. What you feel is common sence I feel is an infringement on the constitution and my 2nd Amendement rights.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I felt good the whole time. I know I'm a man what's your point.

You presented your opinions I presented mine. What you feel is common sence I feel is an infringement on the constitution and my 2nd Amendement rights.
Yep Charlie your absolutly right ... I am wrong wrong wrong ... must have been ALL the dope I smoked back in the 60s .... guess I just must be brain dead to think that someone would think this it was justcommon sense not to wantLahoo Shabob ot his brother Hobnobb Shabob to havewapons like this... anyway like I said YOU right and Im wrong andYOU DA MAN !

dd
Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

jcchartboyI can'y agree with you more.

Also introduced was A 2466A, which seeks to drastically expand the state's ban on so-called "assault weapons" by adding pump action rifles and reduce the number of allowed features from two to zero. Additionally, the bill would give the State Police broad authority to designate additional firearms to be outlawed. Under the bill, those who wish to keep "banned" firearms lawfully possessed prior to January 1, 2007, must register them and have them tested for entry into the state's failed ballistic imaging program. Many of the guns affected by this bill are widely used in competitions and hunting.

Incuding most of your shotguns.

Please right your representatives and let them know how you feel about these bills,
Old 01-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

DD, stop acting like a teenager that didn't get his way. I really don't care what you think of me or how I feel on this topic.

This doesn't even affect you your in Alabama right? If your stateSenate decides to ban .50 cals send themletter telling them their the man,ok?

Quick Reply: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.