Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Old 01-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

To make it simpler, the ban INCLUDES your .50 cal Muzzlelaoders.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:11 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

NYharvester i hate to break your heart, these are state bills not the federal gov. Clinton has noting to do with it. But do call your New York State senator and state your views. Rich
Old 01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just curious, does the 50 cal. get any use at all as a hunting weapon. I would think that it would be a great long range gun for some of the bigger North American game animals.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doctor Death:

The second amendment doesn't say "hunting arms" it says arms. There are a lot of arms I do not choose to own and do not need -- including anything that is a muzzle loader, any semi-automatic weapon (pistol, shotgun, or rifle), a varmint rifle, or a big bore -- but that doesn't mean I don't think others have different needs and interests than I do.

My pump action shotguns are plugged and only hold three cartridges -- one in the chamber and two in the magazine tube. That's good enough for duck hunting, but what about defending your property in time of civil unrest. Doesn't happen? What about after Hurricane Katrina? What about the 1989 earthquake in San Francisco/Oakland? What about after the Rodney King verdict? What about after just about any NBA championship is decided? What if you were a Korean store owner after the Rodney King verdict when rioters plundered their stores? A solid 30 round semi-automatic "assault weapon" would be just the ticket in such a circumstance I would think. Just because I don't need one doesn't mean the second amendment doesn't guarantee another's right to just such a weapon.

"Need?" If we start letting legislators withhold weapons from us because in their judgment and the majority of our fellow citizens "we don't need" some weapon or another, thenthe right to keep and bear arms is over and done with. Believe me, you don't need hunting arms. You can buy all the meat you need to survive down at the grocery store. You don't need your .30-06 or your .270 or your 12 gauge shotgun. Just buy your meat at the store.

I'm glad I don't live in New York or any other state that foolishly constrains lawful gun owners for no good reason and fails to frankly and straightforwardly deal with the criminals who commit crimes. I agree 100% with the guy earlier who says "we already have enough gun laws." What crime can I commit with a gun that isn't already a major crime? What purpose is served by piling more laws on? It is a divide and conquor strategy that is contemplated by the antis.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:40 PM

NYharvester i hate to break your heart, these are state bills not the federal gov. Clinton has noting to do with it. But do call your New York State senator and state your views.

He was referring to Senator Hillary Clinton of New York.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that the Anti's most successful lies has been to turn one type of gun owner, against the other! Another part of that lie, is to make the NRA look like they are defending a bunch of "radicals, and their radical weapons!"
I do not own a .50 BMG, or is it even on my "wish" list!
Another one of their better lies, is that, "the more guns you own, the more radical you are!" (limit the amount of guns you can own, or buy!)
As I said, I do not own a .50 BMG, nor do I hunt with the so called, "assault weapon!"
My guns are mostly "hunting guns," or "self/home defense guns!" Some, I would not choose to hunt with, and some, I would not consider, "self/home defense guns" either! (except in case of"last/only choice")
But, when you start to outlaw these guns, you start eroding the Second Amendment, and the whole Constitution!
If my allowing the outlawing of ONE gun type, helps the Anti's come one step closer to an all-out gun ban, (and don't kid yourself, it does!)
I'll defend that type of gun to the max!
There are more than enough laws on the books to stop criminals now! Any new gun laws, only affect law-abiding Americans!

Old 01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Dominant Buck

DD, I agree with your sentiments.The thing is once the rights are taken away, it's a slippery slope and your .06 could be next on "their" agenda.

10-4,Good buddy!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man here I am out on a skinny limb again LOL ...but I voiced my opinion and that is what makes our country AND this forum GREAT !

dd
Old 01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

He was referring to Senator Hillary Clinton of New York.
She isn't in the state senate she's in Washington and has nothing to do with this bill.

Here the addresses where you can reach your reps.

http://www.senate.state.ny.us/senatehomepage.nsf/home?openform

http://assembly.state.ny.us/

Old 01-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

God...you gotta love how everyone can fly off the handle over this stuff...yet not one person here has even discussed what the actual bills state!

Don't you guys even want to know what the bills are honestly about before wasting your energy on these issuse?

I agree that there may be many issues that need our attention..but please..at least do a little research so your energy is spent in a useful fashion..

For example Bill 9820...wich the original post states."would have a negative impact on law abiding retailers" is already common practice at many gun shops!....Here it is outlined below....

The bill, authored by Assemblywoman Amy Paulin, D-Scarsdale,
requires retailers to remove firearms from display each night and place them in a vault. It also requires that ammunition be removed from displays and stored where it is accessible only to employees, similar to controlled substance like pharmaceuticals or tobacco products. This prevents customers to browse and compare ammunition. AB 9280 passed the Assembly on Jan. 9 by a vote of 89-45.

My point here is simple...lets get the facts..then we can have aknowledgable discussion concerning these issues...

Quick Reply: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.