Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

who to support??

Old 01-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default who to support??

we all know that there are a ton of hunting organizations out there that help protect your hunting rights etc. well, I am, as I am sure many of you are, on a budget. so, who is it you feel does the most for protecting your rights, who gets your annual dues? I joined SCI last year, and am a member of the NRA, and Virginia Bowhunters Assn. I cannot keep up all of my memberships. That, and NAHC wants moola too. SCI is SPENSIVE (yes, mispelled on purpose) and I cannot justify the money considering the higher end taste in hunting and the game they pursue. it is just too far from my basis. BUT, I want to put some money out there for the sport. thoughts and reasons why you support who you do?? thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 05:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: who to support??

The US Sportsman's Alliance is a good org .
Old 01-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

How about the “Find Green Pea his first buck foundation”… Just kidding of course. This is a good question. I’m new to the sport and am curious as too what foundations are support worthy as well.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could do no better than to support the NRA! Don't lets the Anti's propaganda fool you! The NRA is a hunters best friend!
When our Second Amendment rights are gone, HUNTING OF ANY KIND, will soon follow!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

You could do no better than to support the NRA! Don't lets the Anti's propaganda fool you! The NRA is a hunters best friend!
When our Second Amendment rights are gone, HUNTING OF ANY KIND, will soon follow!
What ya mean when? Sounds like a poll is in order.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) NRA
2) SCI (if you have the extra money.)

IMHO All others are a waste of money.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: johnnyBgood

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

What ya mean when? Sounds like a poll is in order.
"When," "IS"if ALL hunters, and gun owners don't stick together, and support eachother!
Many sportsmen think it can never happen in America! They do not see a clear threat to our Constitution, that the anti gun, anti huntingpeople are!
If we do not take the threat seriously, they will take our guns, one type at a time, until all guns, and all forms of hunting are gone!
So IF this ever happens,we have two choices!
Be an obedient servant to a (false)government. Or, realize that the government our forefathers created, is not the same one that is taking our rights away!
BTW, these "rights" are inalienable rights! Recognized by man, as comming from a higher Authority!
You cannot give thse rights away! They cannot be "put in storage" until needed!
You either throw these rights away,(and alsowhat they stand for)
Or you can cherish thse rights! Use them as the weapons that they were designed for! To protect our families, our homes, our country. From all enimies!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 AM

What I don't understand jagman is the NRA should of been the first ones to stand up and scream about our constitutional rights being taken away from us.Thefourth amendment is under attack now. All of our rights go together as one.I haven't heard a peep from them anywhere. Maybe they are just of BS scammers also who are in it for the money.They are the ones who should be fighting the patriot act also with the money we give to support the constitution.Makes one start to wonder who side everyone is on.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

The NRA can't fight EVERY battle, they have enough trouble just fighting to keep guns in our hands. I am a lifetime member. I've been debating on joining SCI as well, but never looked into it seriously.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

The NRA can't fight EVERY battle, they have enough trouble just fighting to keep guns in our hands.
Rybo, you are right, the NRA cannot fight every battle! They are THE best choice that we have to keep guns legal!

As for the other battles with our Constitution, and even the battles with Anti's over hunting in general, I see it this way:

Our Second Amendment right, is the foundation of the whole Constitution! It gives us, the freedom of speech, freedom ofreligion, and all the otherfreedoms that we have as Americans!

And again, as to the Anti hunters, the NRA IS working for hunters too!
Even IF the NRA were totally neutral on "hunting," the work that they are doing still protects HUNTING!
How long would ANY type of hunting be legal, if guns were outlawed? NOT LONG!

In closing, "who to support?" There are many good organizations that are fighting for our hunting freedoms, and gun rights! They deserve our support. But if I could only afford one, it would be the NRA! They have the track record, the numbers, and clout, that it takes to fight the Antis!!
Politicians listen to the NRA! Anti's every where fear them!
And, that is at 4 million members! Imagine what they could do if EVERY gun owner, and hunter was an NRA member!