Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well is everyone ready for TURKEY season?

Old 01-25-2006, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well is everyone ready for TURKEY season?

Gobble gobble gobble!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

This will be my first year turkey hunting and I am stoked...can't wait. Now just to find some birds on the land I hunt.
Best of luck to all of you.
Craig
Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

liv2hunt, I'm in Illinois. Let me know if you ever want to try turkey hunting down here. I'm no pro, but we call in plenty every year. I've only killed a few, but been witness to the death of many a long beard. It stinks having to call for buddys all the time lol.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: North Texan

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

DD, just so some can prepare themselves, how many turkey tags can you get. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Turkey #35 posts coming our way!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we should start praying for the turkeys now, because with DD on their trail, they're gonna need all the help they can get. Rumor has it toms in Alabama and Tennesse are already saying their goodbyes to their next of kin.
N.T. now that is a funny post ... I wish I could tell you that I am legend when it comes to turkey hunting but the truth is I HUNT with a guy that is a VERY good turkey hunter ...I can assure you that the turkeys in my area have little to worry about from me ..but if I do get on them I will be persistant and either thier going "down" or the end of the season will save them LOL

dd

Old 01-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm ready now, just called the DNR and got my tag for Wisconsin the 1st week, April 12th - 16th!! YES! Good luck everyone!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

can't wait! I got 2 seperate flocks roaming my property and the neighbors. One flock is all tom's, 13 of them, all have at least 9 inch beards on them. The other is a mix of hens and polts. Counted 18. Can only take2 bearded birds in the spring season, and not on the same day, and only one in the first week. Have a total of 3 weeks. Stil have 2 to get mounted from last year and the year before. Just finished mounting my 22lber from last spring. Am waiting to mount my 24lber as soon as I get my compressor back. lots of luck guys and gals!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:25 PM

not me, upright walking 2 legged doe season is in full swing for me.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:42 PM

SHOW ME THE TURKEYSHOPE IGET TO SEE SOME TOMS THIS YEAR LAST YEAR ALL I SEEN WERE HENS,THERES GOT TO BE A TOM SOMEWHERE!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Tons of turkeys all around the houseright now. I have seen several flocks that numbered 30 to 70 birds in the fields just before dark. Our season opens may 1 so we have a long time to wait. Good thing there is ice fishing to carry me over.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:17 PM

I will be glad when April 1st comes.

I love all hunting, but turkeys are my pasion. From April 1st to May 1st, I disappear. No on sees me or talks to me. Girls I date hate it. lol. Even give up sex for a month. Well, a few days![&o][8D]

Quick Reply: Well is everyone ready for TURKEY season?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.