Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I would turn in my own mother
8.86%
I may turn in someone if they weren't a real close friend.
17.72%
I would talk to them but not turn them in.
50.63%
I wouldn't do anything but complain about it to other friends.
7.59%
I wouldn't say or do anything.
15.19%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn in someone you know?

Old 01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you turn in someone you know?

bigcountry...what a wonderful world it would be if everyone had your attitude. Just let everyone go around and do whatever they wanted. Hey it's not your job to care what someone else does. Meanwhile the guy down the street is dishing outdrugs to our children but hey it's not your problem. We sure don't want these fine citizens to get in trouble. Or what about the kid who goes to school bruised up every day from being beat by an abusive parent. I bet ol' dad is a great guy too and we sure don't want him to have to get in trouble either. Yep lets just look the other way and everything will be just fine.

Southern Buck...if your family member robbed bank the money wouldn't go to waste either but he would still be a thief. The fact is he is stealing. If you think that's alright that's your prerogative I guess.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

So let me understand this correctly Kybuckoo, Everytime you see a violation on any law breaker you turn them in? Its a good thing I don't hunt with your barney fife attitude. Citizens arrest, citizens arrest.
At what point do you look the other way? I'm sure you've always been honest in your tax preperations too.

Bobby
Old 01-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's a difference between someone selling drugs or killing someone than it is seeing someone throw a gum wrapper on the ground. If you can't see the difference then there's a problem.

I think we have way too many people willing to look the other way on crimes that aren't petty. If I see a drunk driver I can't look the other way knowing they could kill someone. If I did I'm as much to blame as the drunk.

If you are a thief, drug dealer, murderer, rapist, etc..then yes I will turn you in and I wouldn't want you hunting with me either. No human alive is perfect and everyone will do things that are wrong but common sense should tell us when someone should be punished or pay for their crimes. Why is is hard to believe that someone wants to do the right thing. I as a parent want the world to be a better place for my kids and I'm not willing to look the other way.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:08 AM
bigcountry

Oh yea, I can see the difference. But is there a difference on deer? Who am I to decide? But bottom line there's nothing worse than the tattletail kid in school. I think one is doing an injustice to thier children showing them to pay more attention to others than thier own problems.That applies to grownups as yourself. I noticed when I lived in Ky, alot of people like to get into others business. Well thats an understatement. I love my sister in law to death. Would do anything for me. Good person. But man, she has such trouble on minding her own business. Always a busy body looking into others lives. When honestly, definately has problems of her own.

I don't know if you are a Godly man. If you are. Matt 7:3-5 is a good one. Also Matt 5:22 is another one basically saying who are we to make the decision of what offense is worse. And if you not. Well take a look anyway.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice to see that some attitudes have mellowed in regard to what constitutes serious F&G "crimes."
Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 AM
bigcountry

What are F&G crimes?

Old 01-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Technically, any violation of F&G laws and regulations.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:34 AM
bigcountry

Never hear of F&G. I am assuming you mean Field and game? Every state is different. Some are called NR. Never hear of F&G.

I know your not talking about me mellowing. Friendship is much more important than a deer. But if I don't care or know someone, it changes things alot.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: one on one

would talk to them about their violation, then it would be up to them.
Pretty much took the words outta my mouth.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

bigcountry...just because you have a noisy sister in law doesn't mean everyone in the state is like her. You can make generalized statements about any group but that shows ignorance on your part.

As far as the bible passages, you can take about any passage out of context and make it say what you want. So you think no one on earth should judge anyone else? Should we just have a world where corruption and lawlessness goes unchecked?

Talking to your buddy may be all that's need to change his ways? If so great, but you have the attitude that as long as he's you buddy then he should be immunedfrom any consequences. Maybe you can help them more by showing him the right way rather than protecting him. Could it be that your doing the same things that you say your "friends" doing. Just what would it take for you to turn them in?

Quick Reply: Would you turn in someone you know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.