Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I would turn in my own mother
8.86%
I may turn in someone if they weren't a real close friend.
17.72%
I would talk to them but not turn them in.
50.63%
I wouldn't do anything but complain about it to other friends.
7.59%
I wouldn't say or do anything.
15.19%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn in someone you know?

Old 01-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you turn in someone you know?

Who's laws being broke ? Mans or Gods???
If someone was using a civil warcannon or somthin like that, thenthey deserve what they get.If they take an animal 5 min. early or 5 min. late... I don't think I would say anything.
On that note,here's a question for the expertso the native indians have the same fish and gamelaws as the non native person?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY Harvester... we are to follow mans laws unless they conflict with Gods laws.

As for the Native Americans I think they have certain rights that the government has given them as it's part of they culture, like being able to collect bald eagle feathers or taking salmon from certain steams that are closed to everyone else.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:49 AM
bigcountry

As a Christian, Ky talks the truth. Like it or not, one needs to follow the law. Or one day you will be held accountable.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
bigcountry

But I still wouldn't rat out my friends. Not for a deer that are hit on the highways every day.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would have to do with the circumstances on the situation. For one thing, I don't make it a habit of narcing people out. I see wildlife violations made almost every time I go fishing or hunting. People catching more perch than need be or even a kid shooting a doe along the right of way with his dad. I also know of individuals that subsidize there meat because they actually need it. This place up here seems like everyone knows everyone or at least reconizises them, usually turning someone in wouldn't be a very good ideal. If you were hunting with me and did something stupid, you wouldn't need to worry about any law, but I would certainly let you know about it and there wouldn't be a next time.

Bobby
Old 01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand why some think it's being a rat or narcing someone out for breaking the law. What if he was a drug dealer or killed someone? Would you turn them in then.

Why should I follow the law and kill my one buck per year and the next guy kills as many as he wants?Why even have game laws? What or who gives one guy the right to be above the law?

I just hate hearing some guys complain about other hunters killing too many deer or not checking them in and then doing absolutely nothing about it. People are always blaming the system but the system is fine it the people that screw it up.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

absolutly not there is no way that i would tattle on someone i know thats shoots more deer than the quota. i have a family member that kill at least 4 over tha limit. and he doesnt waste the meat. he gives it to freinds family and anyone who wants the meat. so its not like its this terrible thing.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

I don't understand why some think it's being a rat or narcing someone out for breaking the law. What if he was a drug dealer or killed someone? Would you turn them in then.

Why should I follow the law and kill my one buck per year and the next guy kills as many as he wants?
Cause its worrying about other things than you should be. You should be worrying about your gear, your stradegies, your shot. Too many people in the hunting community careso much about what another guyshunts with, how big thier deer are.

I got friends who are drug dealers. Igrew up with these guys. I don't want to see them injail. I know people who claim standard 500 for charity on tax's even though they wouldn't give a dime to anyone. I see people run thru red lights every day. You got to worry about yourself. You can't police the world. I bet if I watched you real hard, I could find something to tattle on you about.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do the native indians have the same fish and gamelaws as the non native person?
I believe native americans can do about anything anytime when it comes to fishing/hunting on their reservation,(I lived near the Crow reservation for a short while and fished there--Bighorn river, MT--a lot)no regulation at all there for them I believe. Outside that, I'm pretty sure they're like anyone else.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 PM

I try not to hunt with those kind of folk's [:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Would you turn in someone you know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.