Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

first spike ever, first deer this year, first sikka ever....

Old 01-17-2006, 02:49 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: first spike ever, first deer this year, first sikka ever....

Congrads, but you mean sika right? I have been going over to Black Waterswamp and Fishing Bay for years. I have only shot 3. One was a 2X3 that ran 85lbs and another doe was a whopping 98lbs. The DNR over there was shocked to see a 100lb sika doe. She was old. Another was a spike. Tough huntin. They used to never come so far north to US50 but now it seems common for the guys up on the farms in Cambridge to shoot them on the open farm land. I think the hurricane isabel pushed them up a few years ago.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:52 PM
bigcountry

Here's my Sika I took in 1997 I believe

Old 01-17-2006, 02:57 PM

i dont know why it wont work, i did what you said and right clicked and went to save, saved it , went to upload file or whatever, opened the picture and when i went to "ok", it came up and said that "the file ####### cannot be supported" and it wouldnt let me send it, this is weird man, all this drama just to show my lil ol deer, lol, ill keep trying tho
Old 01-17-2006, 03:02 PM
bigcountry

Hey, sika deer are tough, hard to hunt animals. Even when I get a spike, I am just as proud as killing a 18" 8pt whitetail.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:04 PM

big country,

thats a nice deer. they are harder to hunt tthan whitetail for some reason i think, i never knew how small they were until i shot one of the little buggers, they are almost black deer, but they are fun, i loveee to sit and listen to them bugile , they are like lil elk i love them, where do you usually hunt in MD? private or public? how did u get ur pic on the forum, i cant seem to do it right
Old 01-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck BigCountry... We've been seeing alot of them up around Cambridge, but I still love hunting them in the marshes! Geterdun if you click on my handle you have the option to email me, if you do I'll post the pic for you...

Old 01-17-2006, 03:07 PM
bigcountry

Make sure you its a jpg or something, and make sure its not over 100K. Make sure you click to embed the picture in post.

I hunt all public. This was in section in the swamps. Need at least hip waders. And be prepared to walk 1 mile in. Chafes you something aweful. I hunted public this year on Fishing bay. I took my boat over and hunted the islands. No luck. I about lost my boots over there sinking to my waste. Then about got the boat stuck in that nasty marsh. All for those tiny little deer.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM

bionicrooster, i sent them to you, but when i sent it , it only read "attached file*****" , so i hope it works, i dont know why the actual pic wont show, it is weird, maybe you can work wit it, if not let me no if i can do it ne other way, thanks buddy
Old 01-17-2006, 03:19 PM

i dont know, it says both of my pics together are 40k and 48k, so that is under 100 ? any luck on the email
Old 01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, no pics came through with the email... if you already have them in an email you might be able to just forward that email to me at [email protected]

Quick Reply: first spike ever, first deer this year, first sikka ever....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.