Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Muletail?

Old 01-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Muletail?

This is the buck I shot this year. Oct 27. Came in on a hot doe snort wheezing like he was the baddest boy in the woods. I actually shot him the 4th time I saw him. I've seen whitetails with split G-2's before but never saw one that looked quite so much like a muley. Anyone else got any pics of whitetails with muley makeup on?

Old 01-16-2006, 04:43 PM

Default RE: Muletail?

Thats a cool lookin buck. Im sure it will make a great conversation piece as every hunter that sees it at first will think its a muley before they get the story from ya.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOTTA LOVE THE CHARACTER ON THAT DEER
Old 01-16-2006, 05:47 PM

where did you shoot it? was it ina place where muley and whitetail are pretty close? i've heard of crosses 'tween elk and moose, bison and cattle etc....why not deer?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:48 PM

cool!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Don't have much experience with mule deer have seen them on video's and a couple of pictures. My uncle shot this buck on Christmas Eve. It had the tail of a whitetail, not sure if this is a way to distinguish whitetail from muley. It had the biggest body of any deer we have ever shot on the lease and its front teeth were all loose and his back teeth were worn down quite a bit, looks like it might just be a old whitetail. Any opinions would be great.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jeg3455

Don't have much experience with mule deer have seen them on video's and a couple of pictures. My uncle shot this buck on Christmas Eve. It had the tail of a whitetail, not sure if this is a way to distinguish whitetail from muley. It had the biggest body of any deer we have ever shot on the lease and its front teeth were all loose and his back teeth were worn down quite a bit, looks like it might just be a old whitetail. Any opinions would be great.

I don't know where it was shot , but that looks like every very old whitetail I've ever seen . The rack is declining and isn't forked at all .
Old 01-16-2006, 06:51 PM

Thats one heck of a deer you got there can't say ive ever seen even a picture of a deer like that. Now would you score the rack as if it's a mulie or a whitetail?
Old 01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrat's BT!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:03 PM

My neighbors buddy shot a muletail in west Texas just this season and got fined by the game warden, because it wasn't legal to shoot mule deer in his area. That's a pretty deer though, definately lots of character!

Quick Reply: Muletail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.