Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cant we all just get along?

Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cant we all just get along?

I would never say anything on this forum, that I wouldn't say to your face, like it or not. I'm not going to say what your politically correct ears want to hear, but I will say what I think and in doing so, I don't talk down to people either, but if you feel froggie, I've been known to flap up some dust around a campfire too.

Bobby
Old 01-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in
Old 01-16-2006, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: 121553

I would never say anything on this forum, that I wouldn't say to your face, like it or not. I'm not going to say what your politically correct ears want to hear, but I will say what I think and in doing so, I don't talk down to people either, but if you feel froggie, I've been known to flap up some dust around a campfire too.

Bobby
So, what ARE you saying? LOL......I agree man. Too much bickering. Spread the love.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

mobowhunter is that your girlfriend or what

Old 01-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

If that was his girlfriend he wouldn't get to hunt because he would be chasing off a bunch of horned up guys. OHHeidi Klum, SWEET CHOICE mobowhuntr!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:31 PM

Even though some guys are just ASKING fora cyber slap, I'll do my best to behave.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't get it - I must of missed it - I'm Not In

Not because I don't want to be - but because "I missed it"

I didn't miss Heidi though.................. can't hardly stand it!

FH
Old 01-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

edited
Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in. Can I make a suggestion though?

How about we setup a section called "Outside." This section could be dedicated to anyone who wants to "step outside" with another member and battle it out. This way when a good thread goes bad members can urge the hijackers to take it "Outside" and the thread can continue. NOTE: Threads with highly controversial titleswould beexemptsince we all know we're in for a fight when we post.

Disagreements don't bother me but when facts are replaced with insults it starts to ruin things. "I don't agree with you because....." is a bit better than"You are a cheater/poacher/jerk/idiot who has no skills." Insulting someone instead of explaining why you think they're wrong doesn't exactly lead to a healthy discussion, disagreement, debate, etc. How can you possibly debate an issue when one person lays out the facts and the other throws insults instead of their opinion?

Another thing is that not everyone can type up a post that truly conveys their emotions. It may seem like they're being condescending but maybe they're not. It's very easy for the emotion to get lost somewhere between that little voice in your head telling you what to type and your fingertips. "Wow, I never would have taken a 40 yard shot with a bow" doesn't necessarily mean they are sayingYOU shouldn't have taken the shot or there is something wrong with it. Maybe they are saying THEY wouldn't take the shot because they don't have enough confidence in themselves or their equipment to take such a shot. A quick PM or "Why not? I practice those shots all the time." would be great instead of "Well who crowned you the king of bowhunting? I'll take any damn shot I want....."

I'm not saying that there aren't going to be some folks that just want to pick fights because there are. But I know if I walked into a bar and the guy on the bar stool next to me picked a fight every time I came in I'dstart torealize that arguing with him is useless.And if the guy chased me from bar stoolto bar stooljust to sit next to me and argue I'd eventually ignore him. After all he's not the only person in the bar I can talk to.

All I know is just like in real life a little understanding, respect and civility can go a long way.

But, I'mno expert on Human Nature, and I certainly don't think I'm any better than the next guy. This is just my take on things.

[/align]
Old 01-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

HERE HERE MBH ....WELL SAID !

DD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.