Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Old 01-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

I don't really have a problem with the bragging. Its just that I don't understand the need to tell everyone about every deer. I'm 41. I've killed 114 deer in my lifetime. I hunted West Virginia for several years and hunt in my home state of Pa.I've also guided my 16 year old daughter to 12 and my stepson to about 8 or 9. I've help several people get their first deer.I've also been their beside my dad to help him get several deer, including 5 with a bow.I actually got a little burnt out on deer hunting, butI've never felt a need to brag about every one I got or guided someone to.Maybe one day the Good Doctor will get burnt out too and not feel the need to show off every deer.
Ok OK THATS IT .... this is the LAST time I will post a picture ...GOD at ALL the whinners ..... some of you guys just KILL ME ...brag BRAG???? When you have pictures it aint bragging its FACT ...just curious why YOU gave ALL your stats ..you bragging?

dd
Old 01-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

quote:

I don't really have a problem with the bragging. Its just that I don't understand the need to tell everyone about every deer. I'm 41. I've killed 114 deer in my lifetime. I hunted West Virginia for several years and hunt in my home state of Pa.I've also guided my 16 year old daughter to 12 and my stepson to about 8 or 9. I've help several people get their first deer.I've also been their beside my dad to help him get several deer, including 5 with a bow.I actually got a little burnt out on deer hunting, butI've never felt a need to brag about every one I got or guided someone to.Maybe one day the Good Doctor will get burnt out too and not feel the need to show off every deer.
Well, lets see now.....

First you say
I don't really have a problem with the bragging. Its just that I don't understand the need to tell everyone about every deer.
OK fine, to each his own, but the you say........

I'm 41. I've killed 114 deer in my lifetime. I hunted West Virginia for several years and hunt in my home state of Pa.I've also guided my 16 year old daughter to 12 and my stepson to about 8 or 9. I've help several people get their first deer.I've also been their beside my dad to help him get several deer, including 5 with a bow.I actually got a little burnt out on deer hunting
Oops, Looks like you just bragged a bit.

At least the good doctor isnt a hypocrit about being proud of, and yes bragging a little about, his success

DD, post your success stories all you want bud. Those that dont wanna read em dont hafta!!

Old 01-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Dominant Buck

1picture is worth a 1000 words!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just letting you know that I killed lots of deer but you don't see me posting a pictures, holding signs, saying that I'm smokin', making fun of people if their luck isn't as good as mine like you do. Actually you really don't know what knid of hunter I am or anyone else is. Just because we don't post photos of our deer. You think " If someone isn't posting stories of their success their not having any sucess" Well, that's not true," generally."

If you want to post pics of each deer you get, go ahead. I just don't see the need to rub it in everyones face.

Maybe you don't realize it, but it sure comes across that way. I see it and so do a few others. Hence the title of this thread.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I think there are far too many people taking everything too seriously as of late.We've got threads that start out as something interesting turning into dogfights that last for page after page. Granted some threads are controversial andlend themselves toconstant bickering but that bickering seems to be spilling over into other threads that don't deserve it.Then we have thethreads that turn into fights just because 2 or 3 people like to start sheet with each other every chance they get no matter what thread they see each other in.

I posted the pics of the deer tracks to try and get a few chuckles and lighten the mood a bit but that was useless......even though DD got a laugh out of it.

"Don't click it if you don't want to read it" or "Don't post if you don't want to be a part of it" lines aren't even an option sometimes anymore because good topics are going bad fast for no reason. And half the time when someone posts a serious question in a thread it's glossed over because people would rather throw mud at each other than discuss the topic at hand.

Look where this thread has ended up. Look where DD's threads about his kill counts end up (which is a serious case of if you don't like it don't read it.) Look where the question about baiting versus food plots ended up. Look where a question about whether you think baiting should be illegal IN YOUR AREA ended up. And on and on. After about 5 replies it's a bashfest because hunter A is more ethical than hunter B and hunter C knows more than both of them.

Aren't we all here because we enjoy hunting? And don't we all hunt our own way in our own area for our own reasons? With such a broad spectrum of people wecan't possibly live up to each others standards. But that doesn't mean we have tofight witheach otherdoes it? I guess what I'm saying is it would just be nice to see folks being a little more civil around here sometimes. It's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion or point of view, but putting them down or insulting them in the process is another story. Yes it's much easier just to tell someone that they're an idiot for thinking or doing what they do, but it's a heck of a lot more respectful to explain why you think differently and realize your on opposite sides of the fence. Takes a little more time and understanding but respecting one another and acting civil would make it a lot easier to discuss things.

Just my take on things lately. I'll get off my soap box (not my high horse because I don't think myself and my opinions are any better than the next persons) now.

[/align]
Old 01-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

MassBowhunter,

Well said my hunting brother! We all should read the post above a time or two before we attack another on this board. As you said, dont read it if you dont like it!

I forgot to mention this earlier. Your track trophies had me laughing out loud! Good one!.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's nothing wrong with posting pictures. Sure, post lots of pictures. Tell the storie, type of weapon, distance of shot, etc... But sometimes it does seem like DD is rubbing it in the face. Maybe some don't see it. but, some do.

Yes, I told of my success. But did you know that until now? Do you know how many deer I got this year? I wanted DD to see that some of us are very successful, we just don't brag about it. He seems to think that if you don't brag you don't get anything. My example, of my success, is proof that what he thinks isn't true. He doesn't know of my success but I sure know of his.

Go ahead and post the pics. I like seeing them. I just don't care for the smart remarks and the " I'm better than you, 'cause I got more deer attitude". I'm sure DD is a great hunter. I know he knows how to put down the deer. It would be nice if he were a little more" humble". LOL

Old 01-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's nothing wrong with posting pictures. Sure, post lots of pictures. Tell the storie, type of weapon, distance of shot, etc... But sometimes it does seem like DD is rubbing it in the face. Maybe some don't see it. but, some do.

Yes, I told of my success. But did you know that until now? Do you know how many deer I got this year? I wanted DD to see that some of us are very successful, we just don't brag about it. He seems to think that if you don't brag you don't get anything. My example, of my success, is proof that what he thinks isn't true. He doesn't know of my success but I sure know of his.

Go ahead and post the pics. I like seeing them. I just don't care for the smart remarks and the " I'm better than you, 'cause I got more deer attitude". I'm sure DD is a great hunter. I know he knows how to put down the deer. It would be nice if he were a little more" humble". LOL

Talks cheap ...show us some pics Bawanna ... until then all we have is "CONVERSATION" .... I for one would LOVE to see your field pics and hear the stories ..and I will not take it as "bragging" but "sharing" which is what I thought wasthe spirit of this forum...

dd
Old 01-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MassBowhunter

Personally I think there are far too many people taking everything too seriously as of late.We've got threads that start out as something interesting turning into dogfights that last for page after page. Granted some threads are controversial andlend themselves toconstant bickering but that bickering seems to be spilling over into other threads that don't deserve it.Then we have thethreads that turn into fights just because 2 or 3 people like to start sheet with each other every chance they get no matter what thread they see each other in.

I posted the pics of the deer tracks to try and get a few chuckles and lighten the mood a bit but that was useless......even though DD got a laugh out of it.

"Don't click it if you don't want to read it" or "Don't post if you don't want to be a part of it" lines aren't even an option sometimes anymore because good topics are going bad fast for no reason. And half the time when someone posts a serious question in a thread it's glossed over because people would rather throw mud at each other than discuss the topic at hand.

Look where this thread has ended up. Look where DD's threads about his kill counts end up (which is a serious case of if you don't like it don't read it.) Look where the question about baiting versus food plots ended up. Look where a question about whether you think baiting should be illegal IN YOUR AREA ended up. And on and on. After about 5 replies it's a bashfest because hunter A is more ethical than hunter B and hunter C knows more than both of them.

Aren't we all here because we enjoy hunting? And don't we all hunt our own way in our own area for our own reasons? With such a broad spectrum of people wecan't possibly live up to each others standards. But that doesn't mean we have tofight witheach otherdoes it? I guess what I'm saying is it would just be nice to see folks being a little more civil around here sometimes. It's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion or point of view, but putting them down or insulting them in the process is another story. Yes it's much easier just to tell someone that they're an idiot for thinking or doing what they do, but it's a heck of a lot more respectful to explain why you think differently and realize your on opposite sides of the fence. Takes a little more time and understanding but respecting one another and acting civil would make it a lot easier to discuss things.

Just my take on things lately. I'll get off my soap box (not my high horse because I don't think myself and my opinions are any better than the next persons) now.

[/align]
Here Here WELL said M.B.H. WELL said !

dd

Old 01-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot at 20yds. Used a Mckenzie target with doe in heat scent for a decoy.

Quick Reply: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.