Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Old 01-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

I'm about to head off to my parents farm in Illinois. Season is closed there, but they are all over the roads after dark. If I nail one with my Hyundai (AKA, the chick magnet) can I post a picture here
Old 01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I'm about to head off to my parents farm in Illinois. Season is closed there, but they are all over the roads after dark. If I nail one with my Hyundai (AKA, the chick magnet) can I post a picture here
LOL LCC YOU GO BOY ...but dont bring it back strapped across the hood Ole Red will be ALL over you ...speaking of "Red Alison" where has he been lately ..he aint been on my back lately and I kind of miss him?

dd
Old 01-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are a newer hunter, if you get a big one, if you geta first, if you don't get many a year, if its a cool story, if it is by a more difficult means than normal....thenpost away.
If you've killed many, many deer, and they don't fall into the above categories yet you still choose to post about every one....you make yourself look like someone who just wants attention and is pounding your chest.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: hillbilly17

Double D -- When we gonna meet up.. You should really try to put that lunch together.

H.B. we can do that for sure...I was thinking of anyone who would like to in our area getting together maybe next month ... on a Saturday ..

dd
Let me know..... There is an awesome skeet farm in Ardmore, Al that would be a cool trip....

May be a little far for you,. I dont know exactly where you are inregardsto me
Old 01-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Some times, I too think there is some braging going on about the deer kills, but then I have to sit back and think. I don't brag about my deer kills now or in the past, but danged if I don't brag with a post about a turkey I take. The deer hunting just doesn't interest me much anymore, but notbecause of the actual hunting. My hunting buddies and I lost the land we hunted on since we were small kids and no such thing as hunting clubs. I miss the deer hunting camps, the hunting we loved, but was secondary now that I look back.

I like reading some of the post about taking a deer, been there and done that. So brag if you want to, this is a great life, enjoy your hunting. One day you may not want to or may not be able to hunt for various reasons.

If I wasn't so dumb, I'd be posting pics of my turkeys, ducks, etc. JW tried to tell me how to post a pic, I printed it, and lost it. But don't think for one minute I wouldn't posta pic and brag if I could.

dog1
Old 01-13-2006, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I wouldn't say that, some people just don't feel the need to brag. I am sure there are hundreds of people that kill deer and don't feel compelled to come here and tell every one. I don't post everytime I kill one. I did this year because I was talking so much about my new shotgun and thought I would post a pic of what it accomplished. I rarely talk about my bow kills.

I also won't post on threads about how long have you been hunting and how many deer have you killed and stuff like that. Has no interest to me so I don't even open them most of time. The number of deer you kill really doesn't mean much in some cases. It just depends on where you live is all. If you killed that many deer where I live you would be in jail.

Paul
Ohhhhhhh Paul I am SURE your right .... but YOU posted ALL of your because you had a "new shotgun" ..well thats cool .... I have a new4 wheeler is the only reason I have posted ALL of mine ...and for living where YOU do ... the key preposition in that line was "IF" ... Ilive in sweet home Alabama where the skys are blue and deer season last a LONG azz time with no yearlylimit!

Gomer
I never said I had a problem with you posting them, as a matter of fact I said the opposite. Post as many as you like, if we don't want to look at them we won't. I don't, I just pick out the stuff that is interesting to me. I belong to a LOT of other forums so I don't read every thread in every catagory. I am suprised I looked at this one to be honest. I'm really surpirsed I posted on it, I sort of wish I didn't since you took it the wrong the way.

I didn't post ALL my kills, I posted one because someone asked me to.

You can kill alot of does in MI, if it's on private property. One tag a day and $7 a tag I think, unless it went up this year, I didn't check. You can only kill two bucks though, and that is only if you get the combo tag.

My only issue was with you saying that if your not posting pics and stories you are not doing well. It sort of sounds like you are saying if we are not on here bragging ourselves up we are not decent hunters. I just don't agree with that is all. I understand that isn't what you said, I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but it could be taken that way.

You are probably a better hunter than I am, I have no trouble admitting that, I have only been doing it for about 5 years. You are for sure more ambitious at it then I am, I have no desire to kill that many deer. That would be like a second job for me. I could probably kill more than I do though, and I know several people that could kill many more if they wanted to. They just don't need to so they don't. If I kill more than one deer I end up giving it away anyway because I can't use more than one a season most of the time.

And when I said if you did that here you would be in jail I meant that as a joke. I didn't mean for you to think I thought you were wrong in doing what you do. If it's legal then by all means do it as long as the meat is going to a good cause. Like said, you could kill that many here if you just shot does, but you don't see it very often.

Paul
Old 01-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we can tell by now who needs to post pics and threads of their deer and who feels comfortable without braggingeach oneup. I got 5 this year, and passed up on a bunch... Don't really care if anyone believes me... I won't post pics unless I think they are something everyone wants to see...

Old 01-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally like to see pictures and read about peoples hunts. That's what makes things interesting for me.

On the other hand, I don't see what is so intersting about debating "Dead Deer In Public View" for a month??
Old 01-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

[quote]ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

My only issue was with you saying that if your not posting pics and stories you are not doing well. It sort of sounds like you are saying if we are not on here bragging ourselves up we are not decent hunters. I just don't agree with that is all. I understand that isn't what you said, I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but it could be taken that way.

You are probably a better hunter than I am, I have no trouble admitting that, I have only been doing it for about 5 years.
Paul
Paul no problem on this end I guess I am just a little gun shy from all the pot shots taken at me the last couple of weeks .. please read closely what I said in regards to "posting pics and stories" and not killing anything ..I said in "General" ..I made it a point to say "not everyone" but in general ...as for being a better hunter then you thats most likely not true ..I have admited several times on here I am average at best ..I just have time now to spend in the woods that most people don't ..and I live in an area that has a lot of deer ..I will take a little credit for being able to make the shot at "crunch" time ... out of the 12 I have harvested this year I have shot 14 times ...I have not missed a shot but I did opt to put two out of their misery after I found them ... I started posting these pics just as a little fun ..as the numbers mounted I had more fun posting ..if I were REALLY as stuck on myself as some think I would post NOTHING but "trophys" (which are few and far between)and just do a lot of talking about how great and ethicalhunter that I am like some on here...but the truth is I am just an ole country boy who loves to hunt ..loves to shoot ..loves to have fun and tells it like it is ... and I leave it to you guys to take it for what its worth ..

dd
Old 01-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really have a problem with the bragging. Its just that I don't understand the need to tell everyone about every deer. I'm 41. I've killed 114 deer in my lifetime. I hunted West Virginia for several years and hunt in my home state of Pa.I've also guided my 16 year old daughter to 12 and my stepson to about 8 or 9. I've help several people get their first deer.I've also been their beside my dad to help him get several deer, including 5 with a bow.I actually got a little burnt out on deer hunting, butI've never felt a need to brag about every one I got or guided someone to.Maybe one day the Good Doctor will get burnt out too and not feel the need to show off every deer.

Quick Reply: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.