Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Old 01-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

NY I have as much right on here as you do ..youll never run me off thats for sure.

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well maybe just this thread? After all it is titled "thank you to modest hunters"
Old 01-16-2006, 09:41 AM

Here are a few observations I have made on this subject.

First, last summer, Doc was questioned as a hunter on this board. People left and right were claiming he couldn't actually get a deer on his own because he went on a guided hunt in Alberta.

So now this season, he posts stories and pics of his successful season, and people are bashing him again. I just don't get it.

I would much rather read about ANYONES success, than see garbage like this. Since when can someone not share in their good fortune?

Some people just need to grow up. If someone upsets you that much, put them on ignore and don't read the stuff. But their are a lot of people that enjoy reading these.

I think a lot of people take some things waaay to seriously. Posts about successful hunts should be fun, not a bashing session. I think sometimes people take certain things out of context, because they can not hear what is being said. They read it, and take it in the tone they want to.

This is JMHO take from it what you will.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jess thats a GREAT post and I am sure that I am as guilty as anyone about taking somethings out of context becauseI could not hear the tone it was ment to be in BUT SOME post need no tone to know they are just jealous..slanderious ...nasty remarks ..and at first I just shrugged them off ... but when some actually have the audacity to call you a "Poacher" or a "Cheater" over this forum ..then they crossed the line with me..specally a self proclaimed "Saint Ethics" of deer hunting..as a matter of fact I would like for them to tell me that to my face ...not just in cyber land... hell I know some on here do not like me ..my post or my stories and that is just the nature of the beast ..on the other hand I have made some good friends on here that for the most part appreciate my candor ...my sence of humor and in some cases my experience ... and these friends do not always agree with my post and say so ..but I respect that as long as they do not point fingers ot start calling names ..it makes this forum healthy ...food for thought ...thought provoking ..which is what it is supposed to be..the bottom line is IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MY POST DON'T READ THEM .... PERIOD! ...AND YES ny i REALIZE this WAS NOT MY THREAD AND DO APPOLOGISE TO THE OTHER MEMEBERS FOR MINE AND YOUR PISSING BATTLE..

DD

Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh well, it's not worth arguing about. We can all just disagree... Personally, I liked this forum because of the friendly people, and the sharing of experiences and knowledge on here. The people who post continuously just to start fights or draw attention to themselves aren't worth ruining a good forum... although they seem to be trying to...
Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 AM

Well, I would like to think we would all be adult enough, and friends, by the way, to share in each others accomplishments, big, small, few or many. Some people don't like the attention and keep quiet about things, and that by golly is their right, as is bragging a little. I think, though I may be wrong, but I think that sometimes the "jealous factor" comes into play.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some of you folks need to read the 'Sticky" at the top of the page.......and "grow up a bit". Who cares who started the name calling first and who said what, be the bigger man an grow up! Plain and simple. This deerhunting forum is turning into a joke! Every thread is hi-jacked and turned into someones personal grudge. Give it a rest![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 01-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

What, is that all you got 38 or so pics? I wanna see the rest of them!I wish I had more pics from my hunts but usually forget to take my camera. I've gotten better the last few years and started to take better field photos. The older I get the harder it is for me to remember some of those hunts. Nice photos you've got there and nice way to prove a point. Here's one of mine I think turned out pretty good. Tried to clean up the blood and such.

Actually I got a bunch more photos. I got a photo album of all the deer I got. Got A photo of each one.I almost always have a camera with me in the field.
The trouble is, I got to scan each one into the computer then resize it to put on here.

I mainly wanted to prove a point. By the way, that's a really nice buck. Unfortunatly, my bucks aren't that nice. They just started antler restrictions here in PA. a few years ago. Its making a difference. Before, most bucks never made it past 1 1/2 years.

Get yourself a small Digital and put it in your fanny pak.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Windwalker, where did you get the moose?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:56 PM

As to the extensive limits in Tenn.,the only high limit is in the new "l" area created by the twra last year.During gun season you can kill 3 doe a day in that area,but the TWRA has cut back and screwed the rest of the state.I guess we aren't "high dollar" enough for them like the nashville area is.

Quick Reply: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.