Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I can't beleive this!!!

Old 01-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I can't beleive this!!!

Legal only in Wisconsin with bneing legally handicapped or once you hit 65.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Crossbows are to archery what the new in-line muzzleloaders are to the old flint locks. Gonna take some getting use to, but I think they are here to stay.
Craig
Old 01-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Where did you get this info?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

They are by Handicap Permit only IN ARCHERY SEASONS here in MI but can be used in Gun season, I personnally dont care but if I had my rathers I dont want yahoos running around with them in archry season because they are "easier" to shoot!

And Compound bows are easier to shoot than longbows. Why don't you say that you dont want any of those yahoos running around with their Compound bows during archery season?

Monster, where are you getting this information?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Texas says disabled folks can use them all other can NOT
Old 01-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MassBowhunter

Where did you get this info?
Couldn't have been anywhere creditable. Since this is state controlled, not federal, it would take all the states coming together and deciding this amongst themselves, everyone in their respective houses and senates agreeing and then everyone passing the law at round about the same time. Think about it, is the use of a crossbow an important enough issue to so such a thing? I don't think so, take this thread for what it is worth.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Navy on this. The muzzleloading seasons pretty much started out with guys in the woods withopen sight Hawkens rifles. Now we have greatly improved center line rifles with scopes that are pretty much like shooting a 30-30 or 44 magnum. Going from compound bows to crossbows doesn't seem like that much of a jump to me. My Father now hunts with one in Illinois, but he is disabled, but I haven't heard any buzz about making crossbows legal for everyone. If so, I'm gonna invest in stock in a crossbow making company, cause its gonna get wild.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although I think Monster is mistaken with this info I would still like to have it legal here in WV.
I enjoy learning and hunting with different tools. I started with a rifle, then a bow, then a Muzzy. I'd like to now try a crossbow
Old 01-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

I enjoy learning and hunting with different tools. I started with a rifle, then a bow, then a Muzzy. I'd like to now try a crossbow
Well said sir , and thank you for reminding me of one of the biggest reasons why I hunt . You are truly an enlightended hunter and a distinct and very refreshing change from some of the stodgy , backward "bigots" who seem to be so prevalent on boards like this these days . I do feel sorry for them though , by rejecting new experiences and the enjoyment that they provide they're only screwing themselves.Please pass on your positive outlook to your children , we need more like you .
Old 01-13-2006, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Going from compound bows to crossbows doesn't seem like that much of a jump to me.
You must be kidding!!! Besides everyone in this great country who hunts with a legal weapon and obeys the laws must be supported by all hunters. I do however have a problem with rifle hunting... I can't make myself squeeze the trigger and my shots go all over the place. So I shoot a bow.

Good Luck to all!

Quick Reply: I can't beleive this!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.