Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Crap..

Old 01-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crap..

quote: im just soooooo confused cuz when i was squirrel hunting i seen more deer then i did in season and have found more scrapes, rubs, and CRAPsame here and when i am deer hunting i see more squirrels
Old 01-03-2006, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ya'll didn't know! deer have calendars too.

p.s. taste the deer poop to make sure some kid didn't spill raisenettes (sp?)! lol
Old 01-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres what I would do. Take some of that crap, put it in little baggies and freeze them, you can use the deer droppings to your advantage next season. it works as a cover scent. When the season starts up again, scatter the droppings arond the are of your tree stand or blind. Other deer will not know the difference.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i knew i shouldnt have posted this thread. i knew u guys would make fun of me ...o well i got all the advice i needed i think bu
Old 01-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red oak leaves are pointed at the end. White oak are rounded. Are there lots of acorns on the ground in that area?
Old 01-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

o ya thats what most of the trees are
there are acorns everywhere....but still wouldnt they eat them during season ?instead of waiting until after?
Old 01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer like other foods better. Especially white oaks. They say the white oaks ar sweet and the reds bitter. After all the other foods are gone they'll eat the red oaks. My dad has several huge red oaks in his yard. The deer won't touch them untill sometime after Christmas. Here in Pennsylvania most food supplies are exhausted by then. They have to eat something, so they start hitting the red oaks in his yard.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

well then how am i to pattern the deers movements ?
if and when they eat the acorns after my season is over ?
because i have found alot of spots to hang my stand but if they will only be there after season where am i to put it ???????????????
plus would i put up a cam after season like as in right now or when would u put it up ???????
Old 01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I was a young pup many years ago, I was told once by an old timer thathe could tell from the droppings what the deer were eating. When I asked how he told me "boy, ya jist gotta know yer sh!t"

Seriously, it sounds like you've probably discovered a winter bedding area. first thing a deer generally does upon arising from its' bed istake a dump.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Find what they are eating earlier in the year.( apples, crab apples,corn, white oaks )

White oaks drop every 2nd or 3rd year. Red oaks almost every year.

Quick Reply: Crap..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.