Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are u kidding me?

Old 12-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are u kidding me?

As usual this time of year I am thinking about where to go in 06 and started lookinginto when certain sportsman shows begin and just getting some ideas. I am just amazed at pricing for whitetail hunts; I think this one is the best I have found.
I have found an outfitter who may receive up to 12K for whitetails for ONLY 3 DAYS! Talk about your bargain. SAVE ME A SPOT THEIR PARTNER Let's see...that's $4000 per day...does that come with a hot dog? This one outfitter and I am not sure that's what you would call him, You pay by the size you shoot, I did not read on to see if it wasfair chaseor not I was too busy picking myself off the floor from laughing!! Now I realize this guy thinks he is special and I am sure "someone" will book with him but really who is nuts here the outfitter or the hunter who books it?
The price of Whitetail hunting is getting way out of hand. I know they have to earn a living and I know how tuff being a guide can be BUT really they (outfitters) are only as good as the hunters that can make the shot if & when opportunity should arise. Sure a good outfitter spends or should spend a lot of time a field getting ready for the next season and putting up with the public (hunters) is not always fun. But you know they picked that profession and are well aware of its faults. Sorry no sympathy here
I have gone on many hunts and really feel sorry for the guy who would like to do that "lifetime hunt". Now he needs a mortgage to make it come true!
How much is too much? What do you think its worth? Room, board and an opportunity to connect.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Are u kidding me?

that's $4000 per day...does that come with a hot dog?
For that kind of money it should come with scent loc camo.
Boots and the gun and ammo and skinning knife.
Plus all the extras.

But some will pay it.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

theres a ranch named Sanctuary just 60 miles north of me and for a "Gold Metal" hunt it can be up to 12k and for the bucks that lack genetics in can be up 5 or 6k to hunt....
Old 12-29-2005, 07:26 PM

ITS FOR ALL THE RICH YUPPIES, WHO CANT DO THER OWN SCOUTING , I COULD SEE IT IF THE PRICE WAS 1/4 OF THAT FOR SOMONE WHO WANTED A CHANCE TO KILL SOMTHING OF GREAT SIZE, THAT THERE AREA DOSNT PRODUCE BUT THATS UNBELIVEABLE, THAT PRICE []
Old 12-29-2005, 08:01 PM

12k....That's a bargain(ha ha ha) I have seen a couple in Texas advertised where a BIG TROPHY can run 20k. Now that's a joke[:'(]
Old 12-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

O.D. I STILL THINK THE HUNTS TO CANADA ARE THE MOST FOR YOUR MONEY. I HAVE HUNTED THERE 4 TIMES IN MY LIFE AND ALL BUT ONCE FELT I GOT MY MONEYS WORTH AND THAT WAS NOT JUST BASED ON GETTING AN ANIMAL. I CAN HIGHLY RECCOMEND THE OUTFITTER THAT I USE ..HE IS DON TYSCHUK OWNER OF ALBERTA WHITETAIL CONNECTION AND HE ONLY HUNTS 6 RIFLE HUNTERS A YEAR. HE CHARGES $4500.00 FOR 6 DAYS AND THAT INCLUDES GREAT FOOD ... YOU STAY IN HIS NICE NEW HOME ...TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT AND ALL TAGS AND LICENSE ... YOU STAND A CHANCE OF KILLING A RECORD BOOK BUCK OR GOING HOME EMPTY HANDED ... YOU WILL ONLY BE HUNTING ABOUT 75 MILES FROM WHERE MILO HANSON TOOK HIS WORLD RECORD SO THERE IS ALWAYS THAT CHANCE ... I KNOW $4500 IS NOT CHEAP BUT HERE IN ALABAMA IF YOU GO TO WESTERVELT LODGE IN ALICEVILLE IT WILL COST YOU $600.00 PER DAY AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE A BUCK THAT WOULD COMPARE TO A CANADIAN DEER .... JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

DD
Old 12-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow!! That is freaking crazy!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally never have, and never will, pay near that amount for hunting!
But before I go on, let me say this, "while it is NOT something that most of us would do, NOT all high-dollar hunting, should be considered "canned hunting!"

Many of these ranches are as big assomecounties! Or, for some of you, bigger than the STATE that you live in!

If a person can afford it, and it is LEGAL, whats the big problem!!!???

NO, its not the same as MOST OF OUR HUNTING EXPERIENCES, I've been in some peoples game rooms that have had 20+ deer mounts in them! ALL of which,were much bigger than any that I've killed,and bigger than most any deer I've seen posted here for that matter! IF THAT IS WHAT HUNTING IS TO THEM, IT STILL PROMOTES HUNTING!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:17 AM

The sad thing is Some rich mug from California or somewhere will actually pay him to do that.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Me I don't really think any of the hunts would be worth it. The canada hunts sounds nice but. I just couldn't pay that. I no a guy that goes on the hunts and never really come home with anything to get excited over.

Quick Reply: Are u kidding me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.