Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 12-31-2005, 01:44 AM

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

And that guy is shooting you a bigger load of crap that i left in the bowl after Christmas dinner.[&o]
Old 12-31-2005, 09:11 AM

To all those that say baiting should be illegal, how do you feel about treestands? Would they qualify as an unfair advantage, do they make the hunt to easy?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:23 AM
bigcountry

Let me tell ya a pitiful, sad, true story. I just couldn't believe it until I saw it.

I killed this doe last year, for a friend. I asked him why he needed it. Well his Phillipeno (not sure of spell) wife's uncle who is a big rich doctor likes venison. Fair enough. So we went to drop the deer off at his huge house, where their used to be a farm and they left the barn. The doctor came out and told us we ought to come to his house to hunt and give him some of the meat. We said sure but thier was only like 5 acres in the Wash DC suberbes. He said he just puts corn in the front of his barn doors and we can sit in the haylofts and fire some arrows down. He said he didn't have a bow andneverhunted but has let people do it. I thought he was joking and even if he wasn't didn't want any thing to do with it. Well my buddy I think took him up on it. Sure enough the herd came on in to eat.

Now thats just pitiful.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well his Phillipeno (not sure of spell) wife's uncle who is a big rich doctor likes venison. Fair enough.
Yes BC, it is a pitiful way of taking any animal!
The Philippinos love dog also!

Old 12-31-2005, 10:42 AM

Yeah, I am sure there are instances this happens, but its no different than making a mock scrape or putting out a drag line with BOUGHT scent if you compare it to "easier" and "cheating".

My point is that most people who are against it, live in states that have never allowed it, or haven't allowed it since that person has been hunting. So, that person has been brought up that it was wrong and so on and so on. And the person who thinks its fine has been legally doing it all their lives b/c its legal in their area. It just gets me, the people who have no idea what it is. They think that you spread out some corn or apples and the deer come to the pile like magic. It is so far from true. I can put out a 1,000,000 lb corn pile, but NOTHING I do can take away a deer's nose, can I? Or hearing?

Although being in the city, they might have to eat what they can. Also, if deer aren't pressured enough they will do stuff like that, you know that yourself. This little old lady let me hunt her old farm a few years back. No one beleived me until I took them and showed them, the deer were coming to her door step and eating her flowers and bushes that were 6 feet from her FRONT door step.

If putting out corn made it as easy as ya'll people think it does, I would have my own hunting show and a bard full of mounts.

I have talked to so many hunters who lived in non-baiting states, but for work or personal reasons moved to SC and when they actually seen that it wasn't like everyone said it was, they changed their mind.

I know that everyone doesn't have to agree with the way I hunt, as I don't agree with the way everyone else hunts, but I assure you that putting out corn doesn't make hunting any easier and sure as hell isn't "cheating".
Old 12-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StrutnBPS
I assure you that putting out corn doesn't make hunting any easier and sure as hell isn't "cheating".
Please explain to me....why do so many hunters do it then?

(Feeding deer isn't the answer...if itwas then it would not be called baiting, it would be called feeding)
Old 12-31-2005, 07:31 PM

Why do so many hunters pay $50 for a bottle of pee?

I do it b/c where I hunt at is mostly pine trees and not much for the deer to eat. Its like this year, I planted a patch of Green Patch Plus and put corn out by it. I hunted over it maybe three times. I hunt the other side of the land.

Yes, the corn and the food plot may keep the deer wanting to come on my land, but is something wrong with that? But it doesn't make deer hunting any easier. Deer still smell, still see, and still hear.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:50 PM

Hell no, them deer round my place are so shy they'll never come out without baits!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:12 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well his Phillipeno (not sure of spell) wife's uncle who is a big rich doctor likes venison. Fair enough.
Yes BC, it is a pitiful way of taking any animal!
The Philippinos love dog also!

I have had dog before in Hong Kong. Not bad. Poodle is the prefered dog in the asian counties

Old 01-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Typical Buck

Bait = cheat

cheaters bait.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.