Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

[/quote]
Baiting is just too easy.
[/quote]

Jack, you said yourself that you could get a limit of deer, without putting your Cherrios down! Whats so hard about that?

I can't believe this has gotten to 27 pages!
If its legal where you are, you've got the choice! If its illegal, you don't have the choice!

This thread might as well die! It has NO purpose! Baiting is more likely to become legal, where it is illegal, than to be outlawed, where it is now legal!

We could do without the name calling, and regional slurs though!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan
Baiting is just too easy.
[/quote]

Jack, you said yourself that you could get a limit of deer, without putting your Cherrios down! Whats so hard about that?

I can't believe this has gotten to 27 pages!
If its legal where you are, you've got the choice! If its illegal, you don't have the choice!

This thread might as well die! It has NO purpose! Baiting is more likely to become legal, where it is illegal, than to be outlawed, where it is now legal!

We could do without the name calling, and regional slurs though!
[/quote]

Hell yeh Jagman Im with you buddy

dd

Old 01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Makes a good looking argument...but has little to do with this subject.
The original question asks if hunting over bait should be illegal. Who's going to make it illegal? Anyone besides the government? Why are we making it illegal? Apparently because it's unethical. You even alluded to that yourself:

The issue is whether it is fair to all hunters, and more importantly, fair to deer!
In most cases ethics isn't even the biggest issue with active hunters...the two biggest detrimental impacts most individuals have withbaiting are 1). it negatively affects other non-baiting hunters experience,
Explain? Are you saying it is not fair to other hunters? Isn't the difference between fair and unfair an ethics judgment call?

and 2) most biologists agree it is not a sound practice from an overall deer management perspective.
Most biologists also agree that food plots are no substitute for sound range management. Using that logic, shouldn't we make food plots illegal also. Besides, not every hunter can afford enough land and the equipment required to do a food plot, and it attracts deer away from other hunters' land, negatively impacting their hunting experience. A lot more people can afford to bait than food plot. Sure sounds like food plots are as bador worse thanbaiting and they need to be outlawed, also.

It is not, and never was an issue of "voting" on anything...
Isn't it? When you ask the government to do something, what do you think the first thing they look to is? Possibly how popular/unpopular they would be by enacting/opposing the measure? Start making them think they are popular by cracking down on hunters, and where do you think they will land? Is that a chance you want to take?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never bothered me, I enjoyed it as a beginner personnally, helped make me a better hunter IMO!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

North Texan,

If you can't distinguish between an opinion poll on HNI, and a political opinion poll over the legality of baitingyou have been spending far to much time in front of your HNI screen...(FYI, I'm Joking of course)

------------------------------
The following quote was posted yesterday by Leverdude in reference to hunting without bait in a state where baiting is currently legal....(BTW, he is a supporter of baiting, andhe actively hunts with baits)
Leverdude said:
Another thing is once baiting is legal just about everyone does it & it gets tough seeing deer if you dont happen to be in a place they go thru. (To get to the bait).
Doesn't sound very fair to others hunters that choose not to bait, does it?

North Texan, you choose to equate the word fair with ethical...well, does this sound ethical to you?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you can't distinguish between an opinion poll on HNI, and a political opinion poll over the legality of baitingyou have been spending far to much time in front of your HNI screen...
??? The poll on here asks for opinions on whether or not baiting should be illegal. I gave my opinion. Part of that opinion was I disfavored government actions regarding hunting and hunting ethics. Part ofmy reasoning was because of the innerworkings of our government.

The following quote was posted yesterday by Leverdude in reference to baiting,(he is a supporter of baiting, andhe actively hunts with baits)

[blockquote]quote:

Leverdude said:
Another thing is once baiting is legal just about everyone does it & it gets tough seeing deer if you dont happen to be in a place they go thru.
[/blockquote]

They have that right. So because they choose not to bait, the government should also force that choice upon others?

North Texan, you choose to equate the word fair with ethical...well, does this sound ethical to you?
In my posts, I have never stated what I thought was ethical or not. I simply stated I do not support the government making thosedecisions for me.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

North Texan replies:
They have that right. So because they choose not to bait, the government should also force that choice upon others?
Guess you chose not to answer the question? A simple yes or no would suffice...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:45 PM

Take another trip to your dictionary, JC, this time looking up "ethical," and you will find that ethics are different for everyone.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04

Take another trip to your dictionary, JC, this time looking up "ethical," and you will find that ethics are different for everyone.
OK..and?Please reference the meaning of your qoute...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

J do you have a four wheeler,I don't.Is that fair?Do you havefour wheel drive on your truck?I don't,is that fair?Should I care if you do?NO!!!

Ok last post for me this is getting stupid.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.