Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

You Jcchartboy.You said that's what"hunters" should do.If we don't hunt the way YOU tell us to we're all wrong?!??
Old 01-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Now there you go! Slingin shet! We Southerners, haven't been bad mouthing you yankees!
I agree with CD, producing 4 times the corn, on 1/6 the amount of land! How can you not be hunting over bait!!???
How can you hunt over bait if it's common as dirt?

I thought the whole point in Texas was to starve them until they have to ignore the tobacco spit and come in for a little grub and a drink even if they have to duck a few bullets.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04
Ouch...I'm a little offended...there must be some way to fix this...okay, I've got it. You guys from Indiana can keep your corn, but we'll keep all of our oil, that way we don't let each other "cheat"...haha.
No wonder you guys have such a ruff row to hoe if yer trying to get deer to eat oil.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

I agree with CD, producing 4 times the corn, on 1/6 the amount of land! How can you not be hunting over bait!!???
Because unless you hunt with a howitzer...your guncan't even reach a deer on the "far side of an Indiana bait pile"..!!
ROTL, wish I'd thought of that one.
I'll have to write that down.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, write that one down! Cause if you had a thought, you'd take it out and play with it!
Sounds like you are a real anti Texan!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

Don't get yer panties in a bunch there Tex.

I am playing with it.

Yer it.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

If its legal, how is it cheating????????????????????????????
Since when did one have anything to do with the other...??

Cheating is defined as an act of deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others. Cheating may imply the breaking of rules. The term "cheating" is less applicable to the breaking of laws, as illegal activities are referred to by specific legal terminology such as corruption. The term fraud carries over into law. People who have been cheated are also known to have been "screwed" or "screwed over" also "f***ed up the a*se."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating

(yes I actually had to edit the Wikopedia definition...lol)

Ok sofrom that deffinition we can concour that following items areconsidered cheating:

Camoflage
Treestands
Bait
Scents
GroundBlinds

if thats the case were all cheaters!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

WBH,
Darn right they are. You forgot scent eliminators.
If you aren't hunting naked with your bare hands then you're cheatin
Man it's gonna be cold out there.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

ORIGINAL: Coolerpup

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

You are for baiting, right?
NO, It is legal where I live in NJ....but I don't use it here. It is Illegal in NY where I grew up and still hunt the majority of my time.
JCC you had me confused up until this point.
Baiting is not cheating, and it does not give a person an unfair advantage in an area where it is legal. If one chooses NOT to use it, then they are "cheating" themselves by not using every available technique to harvest a deer.

Thanks for clearing it all up

now i'm confused...lol. cooler, if baiting does not give one an unfair advantage (the upper hand), then why do it? that's like saying you use something even though you know it does not work? just curious, i have already put my opinion on this subject earlier. i am just wondering why some people bait when they say it doesn't work or poses no advantage?
I assumed JCC was talking about an unfair advantage over "other hunters" not the deer

Which is it???????

If its over the deer......c'mon, using all of todays techniques would be called cheating by those that hunted in the 20's
Old 01-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

To say cheating when referring to the other hunters would mean that I have some sort of competition going against them.
If it's a competition then who sets the rules. The state? If the state says that baiting is legal how am I cheating the other hunter?

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.