Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

You are for baiting, right?
NO, It is legal where I live in NJ....but I don't use it here. It is Illegal in NY where I grew up and still hunt the majority of my time.
JCC you had me confused up until this point.
Baiting is not cheating, and it does not give a person an unfair advantage in an area where it is legal. If one chooses NOT to use it, then they are "cheating" themselves by not using every available technique to harvest a deer.

Thanks for clearing it all up
Old 01-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Coolerpup

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

You are for baiting, right?
NO, It is legal where I live in NJ....but I don't use it here. It is Illegal in NY where I grew up and still hunt the majority of my time.
JCC you had me confused up until this point.
Baiting is not cheating, and it does not give a person an unfair advantage in an area where it is legal. If one chooses NOT to use it, then they are "cheating" themselves by not using every available technique to harvest a deer.

Thanks for clearing it all up

now i'm confused...lol. cooler, if baiting does not give one an unfair advantage (the upper hand), then why do it? that's like saying you use something even though you know it does not work? just curious, i have already put my opinion on this subject earlier. i am just wondering why some people bait when they say it doesn't work or poses no advantage?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

CamoCop,

You should be confused...I have no idea whatsoeverwhat made Coolerpup think he could associate mewith his statement...My only guess would be that he is intentionally trying divert attention from the topic.

Coolerpup said:
Old 01-11-2006, 07:19 PM

CamoCop, Down here we can get wildlife tax exemptions for feeding year round. That's always nifty!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04
Down here we can get wildlife tax exemptions for feeding year round.
So much for our tax dollars...[:-]
Old 01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the way you think about that tax break there stillhunt

CamoCop, Down here we can get wildlife tax exemptions for feeding year round. That's always nifty!

I can'tbelieve you guys are still going.
Bait does give you an advantage. Is it unfair??? probably a personal decision.
Compound bows do give you an advantage.Is it unfair??? probably a personal decision
camoflage does give you an advantage. Is it unfair????? probably a personal decision.
tree stands........

"repeating rifles"..................

4x4 trucks.............................

Scopes.........

scents............

scent lok....................

etc........................

etc.......................

It's a matter of varying degrees of advantage and a personal choice as to how many degrees one sees fit to employ. As long is it is legal...then it is legal.why all the hullabaloo? don't want to hunt over bait?.....don't do?.....if it's legal....do. Hunting is a personal thing (thank God).

Next poll: High fences

Old 01-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Coolerpup

If its legal, how is it cheating????????????????????????????

I guess your not aloud to do it in your area, otherwise you would be doing it too
It's not legal. It's cheating.It's not legal because it's cheating.

We don't need to cheat in Indiana.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

"We don't need to cheat in Indiana."

Heck, by the look at this chart of corn producing states, I would say the State of Indiana is one great big bait pile. Maybe that is why the deer there are the size of cows, and any one eyed Hoosier can kill a monster buck.

The whole Giant state of Texas Produces only 185 million bushels of corn annually while the little concentrated state of Indiana produces a whopping 760 million.

I can see why you don't need to "cheat" as you call it.

http://www.econedlink.org/lessons/EM453/docs/em453_Corn_Production_Det_Answers.pdf

C. Davis
Old 01-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

Your welcome.

How else could those Texans kill a deer if we didn't grow corn for them? They have to pile it up so they find one, Texans are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other ya know.

Now if they can just find a mutant Franken-deer with "Deer" written in braile on the side ofit.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now there you go! Slingin shet! We Southerners, haven't been bad mouthing you yankees!
I agree with CD, producing 4 times the corn, on 1/6 the amount of land! How can you not be hunting over bait!!???

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.