Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

It's legal here,we do it and food plots and funnels and trails and anything I can think of.If you don't like it,tough.We've never had CWD or anything else.End of story!!

CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE: CWD WATCH
1-866-CWD-WATCH (293-9282)
The FWC has initiated a comprehensive monitoring program to make sure CWD is not already in Florida. While hunting, keep an eye out for deer showing symptoms indicative of CWD.

If you see a sickly, extremely skinny deer, report its location by calling 1-866-CWD-WATCH(293-9282). If you harvest such a deer, do not handle it but call an FWC regional

Old 01-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Baiting or Luring: Taking game on lands or waters upon which corn, wheat, grain, food or other substances have been deposited by means other than normal agricultural harvesting or planting is prohibited, except as noted below. In addition to normal agricultural harvesting or planting, mourning and whitewinged doves may be hunted over agricultural crops that have been harvested or manipulated and over natural vegetation that has been manipulated.

• Resident game, other than turkeys, may be hunted in proximity of yearround game-feeding stations, provided that feeding stations were established at least six months prior to taking resident game.
• Turkeys may not be taken by baiting or over baited areas; or when the hunter is within 100 yards of a game-feeding station.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the laws,have the handbook book-marked on my computer and will have the new one in June.We keep ours going all year long,even the one's we don't hunt.Not alot of food from pine trees.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Dominant Buck

[blockquote]quote:

It's legal here,we do it and food plots and funnels and trails and anything I can think of.If you don't like it,tough.We've never had CWD or anything else.End of story!!
[/blockquote]

CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE: CWD WATCH
1-866-CWD-WATCH (293-9282)
The FWC has initiated a comprehensive monitoring program to make sure CWD is not already in Florida. While hunting, keep an eye out for deer showing symptoms indicative of CWD.

If you see a sickly, extremely skinny deer, report its location by calling 1-866-CWD-WATCH(293-9282). If you harvest such a deer, do not handle it but call an FWC regional office.

We don't know for sure if we don't!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

We've been talking to a deer rancher and yes he's told us what to look for.We check all our deer we see.Haven't heard of any near us.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MarinePride

Although the game says this is not baiting, I believe it is and I'm all for it because I want to harvest deer with minimal time expended. I do want it to resemble hunting, but it's not REALLY hunting to me. To me it's about venison and the taste of it[:@]. Real fair chase hunting takes a lot of time which to me can be better spent doing other things. I just like bragging rights and being able to say that I bagged 6 deer and my freezer is full. The thrill of the kill also is something that I really like. I don't even consider myself a hunter, but just a guy shooting game animals, as there's not much hunt going into my "06 season other than using a compound bow to at least make it a bit of a challenge.
ROTFLMAO!

Here I was just about to "drop a line in this pool" and realised I'd swallow this bait half way down, LOL. Ha, I spit that back out before you could jerk.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

They need all that stuff in the re-tired state so granpa can get 'em up close to his wheel chair.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

They need all that stuff in the re-tired state so granpa can get 'em up close to his wheel chair.

Jack, I already have had a discussion with him on this matter! If he is doing what he says he's doing, he's been illegal.

Florida
Baiting or Luring: Taking game on lands or waters upon which corn, wheat, grain, food or other substances have been deposited by means other than normal agricultural harvesting or planting is prohibited, except as noted below. In addition to normal agricultural harvesting or planting, mourning and whitewinged doves may be hunted over agricultural crops that have been harvested or manipulated and over natural vegetation that has been manipulated.

• Resident game, other than turkeys, may be hunted in proximity of yearround game-feeding stations, provided that feeding stations were established at least six months prior to taking resident game.
• Turkeys may not be taken by baiting or over baited areas; or when the hunter is within 100 yards of a game-feeding station.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:18 AM

Could it be that people who hunt in areas that DO NOT allow baiting are just pissed and against baiting because they aren't able too? I used to be very leary of baiting until I did it. I love it!!!

Baiting will FOREVER BE LEGAL IN TEXAS!!!! And I love it.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gregholland

Could it be that people who hunt in areas that DO NOT allow baiting are just pissed and against baiting because they aren't able too? I used to be very leary of baiting until I did it. I love it!!!

Baiting will FOREVER BE LEGAL IN TEXAS!!!! And I love it.

no b/c there are real "hunters" LMFAO. You know the ethical type.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.