Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Soldier and Hunter

Old 12-16-2005, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Soldier and Hunter

I've hunted in Iraq twice, but that's a different story.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:03 PM

I'm a SFC in the Army, stationed at Ft Detrick, MD. Haven't hunt up here yet, but that will change next season.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:28 PM

Rebel Hog sounds like you've seen it all! I'm not in the military so maybe one of you can answer this, how do you's hunt when you are stationed at these places/on duty. Do they give you passes? I only ask cuz I am considering joing. I wanted to go out of highschool. I am 24 now, I just graduated college, the only thing thatkeeps me is thatI have real bad allergies and don't think they would take me. A few of my friends just returned from Iraq, it was nice to see them again.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: BJR224

Rebel Hog sounds like you've seen it all! I'm not in the military so maybe one of you can answer this, how do you's hunt when you are stationed at these places/on duty. Do they give you passes? I only ask cuz I am considering joing. I wanted to go out of highschool. I am 24 now, I just graduated college, the only thing thatkeeps me is thatI have real bad allergies and don't think they would take me. A few of my friends just returned from Iraq, it was nice to see them again.

BJR, you have the right idea about college! It will be alot better in the millitary. I would consider the US Coast Guard.
Yes,after you leave boot camp, you have the week-ends free and you can request an extra couple of days leave from time to time where ever you are stationed at, it really depends on the commanding officer you have.
When I was in, there where 36 Loran stations in the Philippines manned by the USCoast Guard, but they have closed all USmillitary bases there.
I even went to Hong Kong 4 times for R&R, been to all the the battle fields in the pacific when stationed on the KuKuii, a US Coast Guard supply ship. Man, I spent 8yrs in and would do it all over again, if it was the way it used to be!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:16 PM

Thats awesome...I would love to tour the world like that! I actually was thinking about the Coast Gaurd. You can apply right online, I think? I was talking to this one guy who was in and loved it, now he's retired at 45, man what a life. All the golf, hunting and fishing you can possibly handle, what more could you ask for!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: cutter81

I've hunted in Iraq twice, but that's a different story.

Thanks for being or have been there for us!
Old 12-16-2005, 05:15 PM

Army 13 years here. I'm currently stationed at FT Benning 1-15 Infantry 3ID. The best military installation I've hunted has to be FT. Knox kentucky. Here is a few of my bigger deer.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PYseeker

Army 13 years here. I'm currently stationed at FT Benning 1-15 Infantry 3ID. The best military installation I've hunted has to be FT. Knox kentucky. Here is a few of my bigger deer.

Nice Bucks! Congrat's!

Did you meet Knight&Hale?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:42 PM

Nice Bucks! Congrat's!

Did you meet Knight&Hale?
[/quote]

Thanks RH, Actually Ive meet night and hale, but it was at a bass pro shop in Atlanta
Old 12-17-2005, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

USAF Crew Chief on F-15. I was stationed at lakenheathengland for 3 years and am now at Mountain Home AFB Idaho. To expensive to hunt in england,shot alot of 3d though. In Idaho antalope, elk, bear, mulies, quail, phesants, ducks. I am from iowa so this is every midwesternes dream, to come out west and hunt, another great thing is that military members get to hunt almost anywhere in the nation for resident fees it they are stationed in that state. thanks to all of you that made america what it is today.

Quick Reply: Soldier and Hunter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.