Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Political Correctness can kiss my butt!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Political Correctness can kiss my butt!!!

I dont have any choice but show them while transporting them back from upstate WV. I have a reg cab pickup and with the 4 wheeler in the back and hunting gear theres barely room for me I can honestly say that in this state the positive reactions outnumber the negative reactions by at least 50-1. Everytime I stop theres always people coming over and looking. People passing me with thumbs up, people congratulating me.....yep despite all the crap talked about it I love this state. Things for the most part are still old fashioned. Its very acceptable here to show your deer. In fact most folks pull up beside to check them out. They still say Merry Christmas here as well. Nothing like seeing someone pull up beside you with a little kid with eyes as big as quarters smiling and waving....theres a future hunter. In fact almost everything in this state shut down opening week of gun season. Im sure this isnt the only state where the gun opener is a big deal as well.

As far as the details, I make sure the hiney has a plastic bag with the tail strapped downand the tongue is in and that there is no large amounts of blood running down anything. Thats about all I see the need to cover up. Theres 2 definite things in the cycle of life.....living and dying....no explaination needed. If you dont wanna show yours...fine...but I enjoy seeing the good reactions and I even wave to therare dirty look. Besides if you dont how them here they will come and look anyways.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

I dont have any choice but show them while transporting them back from upstate WV. I have a reg cab pickup and with the 4 wheeler in the back and hunting gear theres barely room for me I can honestly say that in this state the positive reactions outnumber the negative reactions by at least 50-1. Everytime I stop theres always people coming over and looking. People passing me with thumbs up, people congratulating me.....yep despite all the crap talked about it I love this state. Things for the most part are still old fashioned. Its very acceptable here to show your deer. In fact most folks pull up beside to check them out. They still say Merry Christmas here as well. Nothing like seeing someone pull up beside you with a little kid with eyes as big as quarters smiling and waving....theres a future hunter. In fact almost everything in this state shut down opening week of gun season. Im sure this isnt the only state where the gun opener is a big deal as well.

As far as the details, I make sure the hiney has a plastic bag with the tail strapped downand the tongue is in and that there is no large amounts of blood running down anything. Thats about all I see the need to cover up. Theres 2 definite things in the cycle of life.....living and dying....no explaination needed. If you dont wanna show yours...fine...but I enjoy seeing the good reactions and I even wave to therare dirty look. Besides if you dont how them here they will come and look anyways.

Agree 100%
Old 12-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Spike

I think a person should have the right to transport his or her, legally harvested animal in any manor they damn well feel like.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

We do, for now.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm the type of person who believes....if you don't like what i am doing or saying, don't look or listen...noone is making you. if everyone else did the same, this would not be an issue. unfortunately, we live in a society where everyone is trying to please everone and this will never happen...until this is realized by everyone we will have to put up with political correctness.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Progressive Insurance Chairman Gives $8.5 Million To ACLU
Gift helps ACLU in their War on Christmas
I wrote a paper in college stating the similiarities of the ACLU to a terrorist agency. It's scary.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:50 AM

Good picture..get them home anyway you want..long as it's legal..I'd worry more about scratching the antlers on the car...where's the most political correct a$$ kissin place..London..how's the best way to cook fox anyway?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

No doubt that the ACLU is out of control.[:@]
Old 12-18-2005, 11:22 AM

I think the plates said "You got a friend in Jesus" and they found it more profound than the deer in the trunk. Now,I see the next on the antis of religion will be, No public display of our saviour Jesus on our bumpers,windshields or any place visible to the public. When it comes to our Lord it has gone way to far to stand back and obey their laws about him being in public with us.