Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lee and Tiff both Score!

Old 12-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lee and Tiff both Score!

Well, I'm not going to bust their chops for being able to hunt great private land. Kudos for them having a dream and doing what it takes to make it happen, including any financial risks they've taken. A buddy and I tried to bust into the video scene back in the early 90's. We had some good innovative (at least we thought so) ideas and wanted to takedifferent approach but we soon decided that without the capital to put us on some prime land we would soon starve. Looking back I'm glad we didn't make it. The professional hunting business is pretty viscious. There's only so many viewers and so many sponsors and everyone has to be a self promoter to a level that is almost ego-centric and the pressure to produce is intense. It's not just a trophy on the wall anymore it's your child's clothes, food, christmas, the mortgage payment, car payment and all those business expenses. Plus the scheduling is pretty intense. Hunting 6 months of the year, post production, trade shows, a lot of travel and not much home life. It's like someone said in another thread about opening a bow shop. When your hobby becomes your work it's no longer a hobby. I've got some good footage and some good memories but I'll leave it to those more willing to sacrifice to make the videos.

So congratulations.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am happy for them; I have never met them butthey seem like nice people. Certainly both have been blessed with good looks and talent.

On the other hand, if memory serves me right these are the 3rd and 4th huge deer they have taken off of "their" farms this year. Most of us feel lucky to see just one deer of that caliber in a season; even with many many hours logged in the stand. A guy can't kill what isn't there.

I don't know if they actually own the ground or lease it. The point is that the average hunter will never see access to property like they hunt. In other words the playing field is not level or equal if you will. I do think their success reflects a portion of their efforts don't get me wrong. But I can think of anumber ofpeople on this forum that would easily rival their results if given the same opportunity.

Now ask me if I would watch them take one of those brutes on video...
ABSOLUTELY!!

I speak with no malice or jealousy towards them. They have never done anything to me and until proven otherwisehavemy respect and whatever courtesies that go with it; not that it matters.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

I am happy for them; I have never met them butthey seem like nice people. Certainly both have been blessed with good looks and talent.

On the other hand, if memory serves me right these are the 3rd and 4th huge deer they have taken off of "their" farms this year. Most of us feel lucky to see just one deer of that caliber in a season; even with many many hours logged in the stand. A guy can't kill what isn't there.

I don't know if they actually own the ground or lease it. The point is that the average hunter will never see access to property like they hunt. In other words the playing field is not level or equal if you will. I do think their success reflects a portion of their efforts don't get me wrong. But I can think of anumber ofpeople on this forum that would easily rival their results if given the same opportunity.

Now ask me if I would watch them take one of those brutes on video...
ABSOLUTELY!!

I speak with no malice or jealousy towards them. They have never done anything to me and until proven otherwisehavemy respect and whatever courtesies that go with it; not that it matters.
Very well said Antler
Old 12-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off, it's not a competition. They aren't saying they are better than us and we don't have to judge our deer based on the standards of the deer on their property. I'm sure several people could shoot comparable deer if they had access to the same land and were able to put in the hours needed to maintain the land, hang stands, and hunt 6-7 days a week for months on end. The thing is that they've geared their whole life to being able to do just that. It's like saying you could be as big as a body builder if you devoted your whole life to doing so as they do. Does it really matter? You have made the decision that you want to do other things with your life. Sure it would be nice but is it worth the price and because he can and does, does that make you less of a man? On the other hand, you don't HAVE to kill bucks of that caliber in order to stay employed. I wonder how many relaxing days in the stand they have without that monkey on their back? I'd rather be hunting on my own time than company time.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree also, and meant nothing mean towards them, as people, or sportsman. I was just commenting, (not so eloquently as some) that it is not a level playing field. I let this post pass yesterday and hoped it would disappear into the archives before I felt the "need" to reply. Imagine my surprise when I saw PA RoB was the next poster after me..I figured I was in for anothertongue lashing .

As far as I know this, Lee and Tiff are not active posters on the board, if they were then perhaps I would see it in a different light. But you don't see anyone posting Mikel Waddels (sp?)or Jim Zumbo's kills on here.
I didn't see the relevance, unless it was a merchandising plug by the poster.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:01 AM

Here is Lee's entire story about "Big Brow".

Lee's Big Brow

I put this up here so people can see some really awesome deer and look forward to next year's season of Gettin' Close. I don't think they actively post on this board, however you can reach them at: [email protected]. This mail will eventually get to them and they do answer them as promptly as possible.

Aside form my company being closely involved with the Gettin' Close Television shows, I am amazed at how much work they put into their land. For them, hunting isn't a "seasonal" activity. From the trade shows, to scouting, to reinvesting money into their land and finally the actual hunting season they are 100% devoted to the sport and promoting it to families around the nation. They are also getting the attention of kids and women because of their work.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

On a lighter note: My initial thought when I saw the title
Lee and Tiff both Score!
was to tell them to keep their private life private.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

My first response: "Man, I don't care!!"

But this is a hunting forum and I guess this is part of the deal. Pretty much agree w/ Rob and Badatta2d. Much more enjoyable seeing a regular member take a big boy down though.

Congrats? Sure, but they hunt where big bucks live...and no doubt pay a pretty penny for the rights to hunt that land, or at least someone is "footing" the bill. I have no doubt both Lee and Tiffany put quality time in on their job...most of us do. Just not realisitic for most of us.

Shameless plug by the original poster? I think we're "Getting Close"...
Old 12-14-2005, 11:57 AM

Of all the "one-liners I hear about them... this takes the cake. Good one.

ORIGINAL: Talondale

Lee and Tiff both Score!
Old 12-14-2005, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Talondale

Lee and Tiff both Score!
My first thoughts also, but then upon reading I was even more disapointed that he took it with a gun (unless I misread). Isn't this an archery forum?

Quick Reply: Lee and Tiff both Score!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.