Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Texas Panhandle

Old 12-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Texas Panhandle

the taxidermy in wellington texas has finished a buck that was shot last deer season and i finally saw it this weekend. I never knew that deer could grow that big in that area of texas. last year it was the biggest buck taken in texas and is #5 ever taken in texas. it scored 238" non typical. i tried counting the points and i stopped at 31. the deer was taken in collingsworth county 8 miles north of wellington texas. they wouldn't let me take pictures yet until they get the okay from the shooter. but when i do i'll try and post them here. are there any hunters on here from that area that knows anything else about the buck? it was amazing!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Texas Panhandle

Shhhhh!!!Don't tell everybody or they'll want to hunt here. We've got keep our stories straight. No big deer, all pictures of deer you shotwere when you went on a trip to South Texas, etc.

I read about it in an article on the Texas Big Game awards.