Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
7.09%
No
92.91%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View"

Old 12-08-2005, 07:48 PM

Default RE: Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View"

What about public hunting land??? Real bad idea, lets as hunters make or suggest legislation that inhibits other hunters. Nope, sounds like an over sensitive group here. To each his own. Letsworry about our own lives and not the simple decisions some hunters make to leavea tailgate down.

Chris
Old 12-08-2005, 08:00 PM

i'll let the government tell me where i'm gonna hang my deer when i give them all my guns, oh wait thats never.

frankly i dont care what you think, what city slickers think, what micheal jackson thinks, or what anybody thinks. my deer is in the bed of my truck, and the tailgate is up. if anyone can see over that then thats tough. to be honest, i like all the honking i get from big rigs when i pass them as they see the big buck i got in the bed of the truck.

and when i get home im gonna hang the sucker in the tree and skin it and if anyone driving down the road has a problem with that they can either A.) take it up with me or B.)keep their eyes on the road

sorry thats just how i feel
Old 12-08-2005, 08:25 PM
RMQ

I'm sorry, but this is madness. There have been anti's around for ages as well as fence sitters; use your god given common sence about common curtesy to others and respect for the game when transporting!!!
The last stinkin thing we need is another stupid law that can't / won't be enforced; wasting cops and Conservation officers time. There are too many stupid laws already not being enforced.
Prime example, seat belt law in NY for ADULTS, if your driving without one and die in an accident, oh well, YOUR stupid fault; why do we need state or federal intervention when itONLY effects the dumb adult not wearing one. If you don't want to wear it, don't - your choice - life liberty & persuit of happieness, not law book me to death, pretty soon i won't be able to take a leak in the woods without breaking the law. People are too willing to give up their freedoms and restrict their & others free will.
thats my 2 cents anyways.
Please just let common sence prevail
Old 12-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Every time a law is passed that restricts or prohibits a right of the hunting individual it is a major victory for the anti's. They will nibble and take anything, knowing that over time they stand a good chance of winning.
RMO one thing I disagree with is your seat belt example. It isa fact that they prevent serious injuries and death in the case of an accident. Long term recovery and hospital stays are paid for by all the drivers that pay for insurance. What one person actually pays for insurance each can be a small percentage of a hospital bill. The less serious injuries to pay the less that your insurance payments should be.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I hang mine in my barn to skin out but certainly ones backyard would fine with me. I am speaking only of theold main street parade of dead deer that I see the first weekend where I live. I would rather see a folks respect others and their ideas and respect even the game taken. Thats not going to happen with the attitude I see here. In the end we will all present ourselves as we see fit and hope for the best. I guess I'll go back to guns where even when we disagree, it can be civil.My thanks to those here who can do the same.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:47 PM

DoctorDeath, I sometimes enjoy your pics at the end of your post more then the whole post sometimes! Also is that you on that classic car? I like to leave the tailgate down but I keepthe back of the deer out and not the gutted belly side.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

A very big F-ING NO here! Happy Holidays
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted no and it looks like a lot of others did as well.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

i voted No.....it should be up to the hunters to act responsibly
Old 12-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

DoctorDeath, I sometimes enjoy your pics at the end of your post more then the whole post sometimes! Also is that you on that classic car? I like to leave the tailgate down but I keepthe back of the deer out and not the gutted belly side.
HOTBURN That is NOT me on the trunk of that oldFord BUT I am sure there are a few on this forum that wish it was LOL ....

dd

Quick Reply: Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.