Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 12-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PLEASE HELP!!!

Rootsy pretty much summed it up.

do you mean sleep IN the stand or sleep at the bottom of the tree?? just curious, Ive heard people say theyve done that always wondered.
I've slept3 nights in the middle of a huge swail field once. It paid off with a nice 9 pointer. I knew there were 2 nice bucks bedding in the stuff almost everynight, but there was no way I could get close enough to them in the morning. Hard to explain....just a strange deal. So I decided to sleep with them. Camo sleeping bag and pillow and lay down in the thick brush. The 3rd morning he was creeping through the swail back to bed down right at first light and I shot him 60 yards away.

That was back when I was young and stupid and didnt' have a wife
Old 12-05-2005, 09:12 AM

Ever consider hunting it in the middle of the day? when many hunters think big bucks are moving only at night you might be surprised to see them moving in the middle of the day.............
Old 12-05-2005, 09:37 AM

As a last resort, I'd try still hunting to bag that monster. I'm guessing that the rut's about over up there, so he's probably bedded down for most of the day. Get the wind in your favor to carry your scent away from him, and also cover any noise you might make. Like I said, though, it would be a last resort for me, since it would be a one and done situation if you do find him and he manages to get away.